OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Raspy pot

Started by flockbuster, December 06, 2019, 02:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flockbuster

I prefer raspy sounding calls. What combination of surface and soundboard would be most likely to be so. Thanks

bbcustomboxcalls

Try a frying pan copper pot with a glass soundboard.

Bill

BigSlam51

They can all get raspy, just depends on how they're built. Glass or aluminum would be my first choices.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

wchadw

i would agree with bigslam  my raspiest pots are alum or crystal/bronzed glass

va longbeard

I have raspy slate, glass, crystal and aluminum pots. 

You can get high pitch raspy to low pitch raspy pots and everything in between.

If you like rasp and do facebook look up Mark Cornelius facebook page and listen to his calls everyone I have from him has about the same level of rasp.

Blackstone also makes a raspy call if you look them up on facebook every call I have gotten from Dustin is rapsy.

Chad BigSlam51 on here makes a raspy aluminum and I am sure he would be glad to send you soundfiles.

And there are a ton of other makers from expensive to low cost out there just ask for soundfiles.

sbbow

Three great names there cannt go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: va longbeard on December 06, 2019, 04:02:01 PM
I have raspy slate, glass, crystal and aluminum pots. 

You can get high pitch raspy to low pitch raspy pots and everything in between.

If you like rasp and do facebook look up Mark Cornelius facebook page and listen to his calls everyone I have from him has about the same level of rasp.

Blackstone also makes a raspy call if you look them up on facebook every call I have gotten from Dustin is rapsy.

Chad BigSlam51 on here makes a raspy aluminum and I am sure he would be glad to send you soundfiles.

And there are a ton of other makers from expensive to low cost out there just ask for soundfiles.
X2 .. these guys make some fine pots... Brad Roberts is another person ....

3bailey3

lonzo's Aluminum acrylic gets nasty!

Chris O

All good suggestions my ear really seems to like glass over aluminum. I also thought Buster Halford red slate had some good rasp to it

va longbeard

Quote from: Chris O on December 06, 2019, 08:48:00 PM
All good suggestions my ear really seems to like glass over aluminum. I also thought Buster Halford red slate had some good rasp to it

Larry makes a great pot his glass and slate pots are great calls

A lot of great pot call makers now tons more than 10 years ago.

flockbuster

Thanks everyone. I didn't word my first post very well, I'm looking to build a call, not buy one. Probably should have posted this in the call making forum.  Anyway, thank you everyone for the replies and ideas.

Hoot 000

The striker has everything to do with it, did anyone mention ceramic? :turkey2: