OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Favorite vest?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Honolua

• Do Or Do Not There Is No Try...-Master Yoda
Re: Favorite vest?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2020, 03:34:39 AM »
I have a bunch of vests, my least favorite is the Ol' Tom and my favorite is the Primos Hobbler 2.

Surprised no one mentioned the Primos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Mossberg90MN

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 01:01:47 AM »
I got my Alps Outdoorz grand slam vest. Gotta say, I’m very excited about using it. I was gonna return it and go with the cabelas vest... but I opted on keeping the grand slam vest.

Offline ejhandler

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2020, 09:59:05 AM »
I have an Alps Grand Slam for slower days with less walking and more sitting.  Also tend to grab that vest if I plan on using decoy(s). 

For days with longer and more walks, or when the Wisconsin weather finally warms up, I go with either the RNG-200 or 300.  I like the minimalist design of the 200 and the thing I like over a satchel is the vest can take a bladder.  Personal preference but I much prefer the bladder over carrying a water bottle.

If you ever find one you really really like buy a lifetime supply.  The manufacturers always have to come up with a newer and better...which seldom is.

Solid advice... I actually bought another RNG-200 when I saw them on sale on Amazon for $30 this winter and might regret not buying a third one.

Offline a_jabbo

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »
I've had the same Cabela's Tactical Tat'r (Original) with the 2 detachable leg pouches for probably 11 years now. Time for an upgrade. Reading this post has given me a lot of options to look into. I've been looking into the Alps Grand Slam Vest. I like the kickstand frame, but I'm concerned about the weight, which 6 lbs isn't that much until you have an all day hunt. A buddy of mine has one and said he absolutely loves it, but I suppose I have to consider all the options.

Online Boyer12

« Reply #34 on: Today at 12:36:08 PM »
Alps grand slam has been my favorite