OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fowler  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Fowler
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 05:22:49 AM »
Pics
  tteel your strikers will bring a high dollar , if i were you i would hang onto them for a while longer ...
I understand. I was going to try to get the Ipe myself, not going to happen this month though, the last winner for the Veterans Giveaway has not contacted me yet and I have just enough to send that to him when he does and buy a small turkey so that is out unfortunately.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 11:46:43 AM »
Pics
  tteel your strikers will bring a high dollar , if i were you i would hang onto them for a while longer ...
I understand. I was going to try to get the Ipe myself, not going to happen this month though, the last winner for the Veterans Giveaway has not contacted me yet and I have just enough to send that to him when he does and buy a small turkey so that is out unfortunately.
understand

Offline Ranger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2020, 09:12:01 PM »
What Greg is saying is kind of right and kind of wrong.  You have to ask yourself what's fair considering the man has only been passed a few months and many of the men you're offering a $85 striker to bought many for $25 to $35 for the same wood, long before you did and based on face to face relationships, not just a striker order.  Some might say that by asking the MORE you've been suggested to that you would be profiteering, especially so soon.  I guess it all depends on the buyer and their intentions as well, goes a long way or it should in determining if what sell is "fair" or not
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Offline Ranger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 05:16:33 PM »
So because Greg Massey is a profiteer, and advised you to do the same, the price of Mr Fowlers strikers have taken an exponential jump in price.....shameful.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough