OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Marlin and Zink  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Southerngobbler

Marlin and Zink
« on: November 17, 2019, 03:24:15 PM »
I wonder how much Marlin is in one of those Zink Wicked series box calls. He is supposta be affiliated with them somehow. Probably just by name only. It does kinda look like it might have concave sides (fiddle box) in the pics but I can't tell for sure. That the whole top is made to look like a feather is a little fruity. He must have at the very least helped design and approved of it. They cost $100. Has anyone played one? No ones getting on Marlins list for a real call anytime soon.

NeverRoosting

Re: Marlin and Zink
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:13:55 PM »
I wonder how much Marlin is in one of those Zink Wicked series box calls. He is supposta be affiliated with them somehow. Probably just by name only. It does kinda look like it might have concave sides (fiddle box) in the pics but I can't tell for sure. That the whole top is made to look like a feather is a little fruity. He must have at the very least helped design and approved of it. They cost $100. Has anyone played one? No ones getting on Marlins list for a real call anytime soon.

I’ve heard he hand tunes each one

Offline shatcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »
If he does, they're a steal.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »

I’ve heard he hand tunes each one
Yeah, but don't forget what you thought about the tooth fairy

Offline sooner

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 08:41:55 PM »
Hello: I designed the call for Fred Zink. The call is a fiddle box designed to be mass produced. However no CNC equipment is used and their made in batches of hundreds not thousands. The man making the calls has done this for a living for a very long time and their made in Pennsylvania. Most all of the calls I’ve had my hands on are very nice calls that I would hunt with any day. The beauty of the packaging that Zink uses is that it can be opened up and you can run the call for yourself before you buy it. Don’t be fooled by package it looks vacuum sealed but it is not. The back pops off and you can run the call. I would recommend these calls to anyone but we’re all different so run the call first and see if you like it.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 09:45:51 PM »
Who dis?

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 10:07:12 PM »
Who dis?
Before you go talking about the man you should know him. It's Marlin answering your question.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »
Well, there's no way of me knowing that without asking was there?

Offline dwcim

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »
I guess there is a tooth fairy then!  Marlin rarely posts, but I guess he wanted to put that dog to rest.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »
Explain how Me asking about the Zink call and Marlin going to the trouble of getting on here (after a lack of any useful information) and explaining the situation himself has led you to believe in the tooth fairy? Did you develop the belief that he did hand tune each one?
Or have you always just been passionate about the Tooth Fairy.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2019, 08:38:44 PM »
Who dis?
Before you go talking about the man you should know him.
Is that a quote from the movie Apocalypse now?

Offline dwcim

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 09:12:29 PM »
I guess that I have always been passionate about the tooth fairy, Santa and the Easter Bunny.  I also know that Marlin did not hand tune each call.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
Glad to see Mr. Watkins post on here, I would love to hear some more of his knowledge!

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 10:00:10 PM »
Who dis?
Before you go talking about the man you should know him.
Is that a quote from the movie Apocalypse now?
Can't say for sure but it is a favorite movie of mine.