Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is up with the Harold Fowler mystery wood Striker?

Started by bornagain64, April 25, 2019, 04:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

I have a few of his strikers, and have heard he is a great guy. So I would like to have some more.
He has been sick and has stop taking orders, so please pray for him.

Well I purchased an Osage top/ mystery wood striker from a member on here.

Does anyone know what is up with his mystery wood striker?
Seems strange to call it that. All I can think of is he did not know the name
Or he wanted to keep it a secret.

Thanks, John

davisd9

It is a wood he wants to keep secret. Great striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

AT

If for some reason you don't like it, I know a guy that would take it off your hands

bornagain64

Quote from: AT on April 25, 2019, 08:23:51 PM
If for some reason you don't like it, I know a guy that would take it off your hands

Lol. Thanks, but I am hanging on to it.

AT

Turkeytider

Quote from: bornagain64 on April 26, 2019, 05:56:31 AM
Quote from: AT on April 25, 2019, 08:23:51 PM

Lol. Thanks, but I am hanging on to it.

IMO it would be wise for all of us who are fortunate enough to own one of Mr. Harold's strikers to guard it jealously. I know I double check mine before I move in the woods.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

sbbow

Quote from: davisd9 on April 25, 2019, 06:16:46 PM
It is a wood he wants to keep secret. Great striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2
I asked what it was one time an he said it's a secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2nd 100

Mystery wood will remain a mystery since Mr Harrold has passed . I knew him for over 30 years , sit with him at many shows and Visited him at home and he never would tell me what it was he said its a secret, so I won't ever ask Derrick ( if he even knows ) . But I have asked him to continue making the strikers, change the design slightly or not just keep them going . especially since he is retired now .

Greg Massey

I have Osage top snakewood striker i carry on every hunt , it's a mystery how it keeps calling turkeys up on just about any pot call surface.. I have several of his strikers , just wish i had bought few more ...

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ridgerunner

Turkeytider

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 27, 2019, 11:29:21 AM
I have Osage top snakewood striker i carry on every hunt , it's a mystery how it keeps calling turkeys up on just about any pot call surface.. I have several of his strikers , just wish i had bought few more ...

I have the same Osage/snakewood striker from Mr. Harold. Might be my overall favorite and I have more than a few strikers. Mr. Harold practically gave me a second one for a gift for my childhood friend with whom I hunt. That`s the kind of guy he was. We are all the lesser with his passing.

tteel

Do you have a pic of the mysterywood? It was always nice to see what he would send extra.