OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where is your treasure  (Read 2026 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Where is your treasure
« on: November 07, 2019, 08:11:53 AM »

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” – Matthew 6:19-20

God tells us (quite logically) that it is impossible to take our earthly things with us to heaven. Because of this, He warns us not to emphasize the collection of material possessions while living. Why? Because our ‘things’ have no permanence – not during our brief stay on earth (where moths and rust will destroy them), nor in heaven, where they most certainly cannot be brought along.

But while God makes it clear that collecting things is futile, He does tell us that there ARE some treasures we can take with us to heaven and He urges us to begin focusing on accumulating those things now. What are these treasures?

Relationships. A glorious treasure waiting for us in heaven are those relationships we have with people that we pointed to Christ. In fact, the only thing you can take with you from this life into eternity are those relationships you have with other Christians.

God is clear. He wants us to choose relationships over the material “stuff.” So, what choice have you made?

Are you living for things? Are you basing your decisions on what you want? Or are you putting God first and seeking to point others to Christ through how you life, how you serve, and how you use your gifts? This kind of focus will lead to an accumulation of treasures you’ll experience in heaven. Investing in people for Christ has lasting returns.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Where is your treasure
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 05:53:41 AM »
good post, I will confess there was a time that turkey hunting was my treasure. I regret it took time from both family and God. Idols can and will take many forms.

Funny thing happened, when I finally found Christ and put it in perspective as simply an activity and blessing I enjoy, I became exponentially more successful. I was actually pressing myself into failure. Life with Jesus is forever, turkey hunting is a passing indulgence.

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 07:59:25 AM »
Well said for both posts!

Offline gaswamp

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »
Good read...why I don't collect turkey calls to sit on shelf

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 06:35:08 PM »
Great post, thanks Lee!

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 12:24:36 PM »
So true Brothers! The real trophies in life begin and end in Him!

Offline yelpaholic

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »
amen and amen...