OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Hornstra

Started by va longbeard, November 06, 2019, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

va longbeard

Just received my first trumpet from Herb Hornstra a burl oak trumpet with a bone mouthpiece.

Mr Hornstra said he found this piece of burl oak in his pile and this is the first he has ever made

Beautiful workmanship and it draws air very easily.

Want be my last from him.

USMC0331

Looks fantastic

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chris O

That's an amazing looking call

sbbow

That looks like a fantastic horn there congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Looks very nice. Is it me or is the horn wider than you would normally see?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

greentag

nice,I just got a meat carver call from him today,the mail had it by my house two days ago when I was supose to get it but theybsomehow misplaced it and no one knew where it was,finally showed up the next morning two hours away in Louisville...but it finally showed up today and I love it.....i have a picture of it and a few more calls and that oak one is in it...

va longbeard

Quote from: greentag on November 06, 2019, 11:26:02 PM
nice,I just got a meat carver call from him today,the mail had it by my house two days ago when I was supose to get it but theybsomehow misplaced it and no one knew where it was,finally showed up the next morning two hours away in Louisville...but it finally showed up today and I love it.....i have a picture of it and a few more calls and that oak one is in it...
[/quote

I saw a picture of the meat carver call you got in a group of calls with my oak call.  You got a really nice call!

silverspur

Congrats on a great call from Herb! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

greentag

Quote from: va longbeard on November 07, 2019, 06:03:57 AM
Quote from: greentag on November 06, 2019, 11:26:02 PM
[/quote

I saw a picture of the meat carver call you got in a group of calls with my oak call.  You got a really nice call!
thanks,he had the oak one when I got it and I got to pick between the two,it was def a tough decision I really liked them both....congrats on being the one to get it..!!!!

Turkeyman62

Congrats that is one Beautiful caller  :gobble: :gobble:
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

gergg

Cool piece of wood, looks great.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Trumpetyelper

Greg Massey

Really nice looking ... good work....

dwcim

Congratulations. Herb is a great craftsman as well as a person.

wchadw

Any idea how long after actually getting in contact with him does it usually take to get a call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk