OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vortex Venom-Burris Fastfire 3-Nikon Spur?

Started by RED NECK, March 26, 2020, 02:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 28, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
I bought a venom April 2nd and opened it April 17th mounted it and went on 18th to pattern and It was faulty from the factory,they sent me another one in two days.I still have not opened it.I may sell it.I am done with them.I will use beads,fiber optics or a scope. I couldn't be bothered with either of the other two as I just don't trust them.
that sucks man....its been a bad year to purchase a venom. I see you are another victim of whatever kind of QC issue they have going on.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

RED NECK

The service was outstanding as usual.I dealt with them on a business level for years and they have always been excellent to deal with,this is my first and last vortex scope/red dot though and definitely my last expensive reflex sight from any company as I now would not trust any of them,I do realize it happens but there is a first and a last time for everything. I was excited to try it and then just kind of laughed after I realized it was not me,it was the optic. The sad part is I have had better luck with 27 dollar reflex sights that I have shot numerous toms with and shot close to a 100 3.5" longbeards with them on top, no issues.

It happens,life goes on.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Greenhead12

I put a Burris FF3 on my sx-3 20ga this year, and love it.

chatterbox

I have had Burris FF's for years. No issues, and the only red dot, I will run.
I would've never gotten my second bird this spring if it wasn't for this sight!
Bird pegged me when I drew on him, and was trying to get out of dodge. The fastfire made it easy to get on him, and drop him in his tracks!

Tom007

I have a Nikon spur on my Cynergy Turkey, and a Burrs Fastfire 3 on my 870.  I love both of them. Can't go wrong with either. One great feature of the Burris is the first setting automatically adjusts the light of the dot in whatever light condition you are in. Convenient for first light conditions.
"Solo hunter"

Tomsoph

FF3 for me. I have had 2 for several years. Zero issues. Burris been doing quality optics for a long time...

Tail Feathers

The clear view on the Nikon Spur make it my all time favorite.  Only time will tell durability but it made my short season in perfect fashion.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!