OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 410 Turkey Gun

Started by fal777, November 01, 2019, 09:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fal777

Any opinions on the Mossberg 410 Turkey gun?
Looking at one for my grandson
Reliability and longevity.

dirt road ninja

No experience with the 410, my other Mossberg's are reliable. I've got one that I bought Freshman year of college 1994. It still shoots, but has issues with shells getting stuck in the chamber. Only ones doing it are 2.25 ounce or heavier payloads. That said, i bought one of their Turkish built guns last year and it seems well built and will probably be my main gun in 2020. My 935 has performed flawlessly for several seasons in a row. Dollar for dollar they are tough to beat. They are of reasonable weight, reasonable priced, factory drilled and tapped, and mine all go bang when I pull the trigger.

old frank

I don't have any experience with the 410 turkey but it is a mossberg so reliability should not be an issue.  There are some good reviews on it at the youtube website.

Pretty amazing what the 410 can do now with the TSS shotshells.

Heart set on a pump? Stevens has a single shot 410 turkey gun that is pretty nice for little money!

Muzzy61

Quote from: old frank on November 02, 2019, 11:12:36 AM
I don't have any experience with the 410 turkey but it is a mossberg so reliability should not be an issue.  There are some good reviews on it at the youtube website.

Pretty amazing what the 410 can do now with the TSS shotshells.

Heart set on a pump? Stevens has a single shot 410 turkey gun that is pretty nice for little money!

That Stevens 410 turkey gun is pretty nice for the price. Bought one as a first gun for my grandson.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr