OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: View to a kill........  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: View to a kill........
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »
First accumulating snow of the year was yesterday, sure wish I could have been out there. Best of luck to all of you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 04:06:14 PM »
You didn't miss much.

19 degrees and breezy when I got up and tied in.  Had 15 does come in off the flat yesterday morning.  4 small bucks.  I froze out around 11:30.  You'd think with 15 does...…. 13 of them ADULT doe...…...that hilltop woulda been covered UP in mature bucks, scent checking, chasing, breeding, etc.  Nope.  Nada.

Weird week of hunting.  From last Saturday thru yesterday, I saw 22 different bucks.  Only one was a shooter.  None of the other 21 would have cracked the 100" mark.  Very little rut activity, overall.  With overnight and morning temps in the teens and 20's and daytime highs not out of the 30's it should have been going full-bore...……….one would think.

Anyhoo………...this coming Saturday will be my last hurrah with the bow.   It'll either happen or it won't.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »
I sat till noon, did see my target buck that I have been semi _hunting. Went back to the truck and warmed up for a half hour then headed to spot #2. As I was pulling my bow up I spied a small buck headed my way. Went ahead and filled tag#2. I haven't had much time to hunt with my boy having to spend 4 days in the hospital along with my kids fall sports. Gonna hold out for a fat doe or decent buck with my final 2 tags. I will say drawing a bow with a broken rib is excruciatingly painful.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline bonasa

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 06:58:01 PM »
I do a lot of float hunting for deer and found it to be higher on the return than stand hunting , the scenery is all the same though...