OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Nwtf convention  (Read 1404 times)

Offline rutnstrut

Nwtf convention
« on: October 27, 2019, 08:03:37 PM »
Planning on going for the first time this coming year. Question is where is some good places close by to stay ? Don’t want to spend a fortune but also don’t want a dump. Also what’s some must see/do’s
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Nwtf convention
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 08:47:43 PM »
We always stay at the Best Western Suites.. nice place, reasonable price , free NICE continental Breakfast and you can walk from the motel to nice steak house and Cracker Barrel just down the road .. check it out on the internet....

Online ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:13:19 AM »
I went last year and am going back this year. I stayed at The Inn at Opry Land which is across the road. This year I'm staying right in the convention resort. It's a lot more expensive but will be well worth it because I'm staying Thursday to Friday. With the room on site it makes it easier to get to things and if you have an hour or two to kill you can just hang out in the room or drop stuff off that you bought. Another tip is be sure to bring a big shopping bag or a backpack to haul your goodies in. lol The good thing about staying at the Gaylord Inn across the street is it has a bus to take you to the convention. It is a short walk but this last one was raining so you would have gotten wet and cold. I would say get as close to the resort as you can. Bubba

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »
I live right next to Nashville, there are plenty of hotels nearby especially if you are driving. You are fairly close to the airport so you know how hotels are around them. I would suggest getting a room sooner rather than later. Nashville has become very trendy lately and is always packed.

Places to see if you have never been are the Grand Ole Opry, 2nd Ave and Broadway are where all the bars and restaurants are. Best breakfast in Nashville is the Loveless Cafe they have great biscuits and ham. Caney fork river valley Grille is a good place for lunch and dinner and sell elk, alligator, frog legs, venison, steak etc. You have the Parthenon on the west side of Nashville which is an exact replica of the Parthenon in Greece.

If there is something specific you are looking for just ask and I will try to guide you in the right direction.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 11:13:01 AM »
I've never been, but on my bucket list.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline GobbleGitr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 10:59:17 AM »
Best Western Suites is priced right!

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 07:38:44 PM »
I went last year for the first time and stayed at the Gaylord.  It was part of an anniversary trip my wife set up for us. 
I'm sure others here gave good advice on where you can stay, but I want to second the post that said take a backpack for your purchases.  And be prepared to walk..a LOT.  It's something to see.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!