OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hawaii turkey  (Read 1333 times)

Offline LI Outdoorsman

• Avid hunter,fisherman,sporting goods retailer
Hawaii turkey
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:54:40 AM »
Thinking of finally going to Hawaii to hunt turkeys this spring.
Anyone do a successful DIY hunt..I’m aware of the strict gun regulations...maybe bring the bow?
Any info appreciated

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
Re: Hawaii turkey
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »
I'll be going this spring for the DIY/public gig as well.  Will be dancing through the hoops to take/register guns.  Greatly looking forward to it! 

Offline BBR12

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:56:44 AM »
Taking a gun is no big deal or at least it wasn’t for us other than loosing a morning of hunting. You will probably do that anyway because you have to buy your tags once you get there and they are closed by the time most of the flights arrive. We just got breakfast with the wives that morning and then went and bought our tags and registered our guns and headed up the mountain around 11.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:39:17 PM »
I made an appointment in advance to register my gun with the PD and it only took 15 minutes. I went to one of the stations away from the big city only because it was close to our Air BnB. I think that made a difference because I’ve read some accounts where some guys say how it was a nightmare. 

Best of luck to you. There are lots of birds there.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.