OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: First Fiddle Box  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: First Fiddle Box
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 09:27:52 PM »
Now that I have my Fiddle Paddle I can certainly tell the difference in how it feels, really easy to get that keekee run going with no effort at all. I will be getting more of his. Again, you have a very pretty call.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 12:38:39 AM »
Now that I have my Fiddle Paddle I can certainly tell the difference in how it feels, really easy to get that keekee run going with no effort at all. I will be getting more of his. Again, you have a very pretty call.

The quote from Yoder in my signature block below about quality paddle calls should make perfect sense! LOL. Congrats on picking up one of the best of the best!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 01:56:13 AM »

The quote from Yoder in my signature block below about quality paddle calls should make perfect sense! LOL. Congrats on picking up one of the best of the best!
Great quote. Somebody else had me pick them up a call from him, that also feels nice though I have not played it as I do not feel it is mine to mess with. Real pretty, I hope he posts a picture of it here when he gets it in the mail.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 06:40:35 AM »
Congrats!!! Great call!!!

Offline culpeper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
Something that has amazed me since I first observed and ran several of Marlins box calls about 8 years ago, he quite often doesn't use 1/4 sawn lids/paddles, yet consistently gets great sound quality and ease of play.

Not a lot of box call builders can do that!