turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Field and Stream Store Closed.

Started by bobk, October 24, 2019, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobk

On the road today and noticed that the Field and Stream Store in Western Pennsylvania has closed. It is reported that eight  Field and Stream Stores, including this PA store,  have been sold to Sportsman Warehouse.

This change in ownership has to be a significant improvement.

NCbowjunkie

The field and stream in Asheville N.C. was sold to sportsman warehouse also. The grand opening is tomorrow.

Sixes

Field and Stream is a subsidiary of Dicks, I personally hope that every one of them go out of business as well as Dicks

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sixes on October 24, 2019, 09:33:56 PM
Field and Stream is a subsidiary of Dicks, I personally hope that every one of them go out of business as well as Dicks
I was just going to say I thought they were part of Dicks. I feel the same way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Agree , i hope they go out of business ....

Yoteduster

I agree Dicks story suck now if sportsman's is moving in you'll have some good stors

nyhunter

KARMA!!!!!!     
                                           Hope the CEO'S wife is proud of herself now !!!!!

Mathews.1

This is exactly what happened. I was just in the one at PaintedPost NY and most of the employees where happy that they where no longer going to be owned by Dicks. People are not going to quit buying guns because you don't sell them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mathews.1 on October 25, 2019, 06:48:16 PM
This is exactly what happened. I was just in the one at PaintedPost NY and most of the employees where happy that they where no longer going to be owned by Dicks. People are not going to quit buying guns because you don't sell them.
The one in Painted Post is a Dicks the last I knew. I used to go there all the time for hunting movies back before my accident in 2001, they were decent back then.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Mathews.1

There's a dicks there as well as the field and stream.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mathews.1 on October 25, 2019, 08:04:48 PM
Oh, wonder when that went it?

John Koenig:

Mathews.1

Not sure we where there for classes at dresser rand.

tomstopper

Bingo

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Quote from: Sir-diealot on October 25, 2019, 08:10:36 PM
Quote from: Mathews.1 on October 25, 2019, 08:04:48 PM
Oh, wonder when that went it?
Dicks has been there for years.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

Regardless of political affiliation.....and for the record I cant stand Dicks

Mail order / physical store / web based business are.... either ADAPTING or going the way of the dinosaur , I've seen quite a few smaller operations throw in the towel , go bankrupt or get acquired buy larger competitors

I've watched it for 25 years plus working for UPS ,  smaller chains that kept on with the old" high  overhead " physical location business model and ignored gathering customers emails , text, or home address as a way to generate sales ...bite the dust

At the same time I've watched as some smaller chains "got with the program " and started doing email blitz sales , promotions and shipping web fulfillment  from directly store and utilized idle employes to pick and process orders

Some say in the future....you wont even need a store , just process from your home ....as I and thousands of other call makers do .....cut out the middleman , even cut out Jeff Bezos...high quality right to the customer.

Food for thought ....I just came back from North Dakota from duck and goose hunting...the Uber driver told me Uber  keeps %48 of the fare  .....I know for a fact Walmart tries to keep 50 to 60 % of the full retail...with ridiculous rules and return to vendor contracts ....many of the big box stoes.do the exact same!

I'll throw in my  2 cents here...OG is committed to keep on doing what we have been doing for 12 years now and that is provide a platform for like minded.turkey hunters to have adult conversations about out passion , whilst providing a unequaled place to buy. .. Sell ...trade calls and equipment..  and you keep the $$

Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon