turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall turkey hunting

Started by Beards and Hooks, October 24, 2019, 04:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beards and Hooks

I have went out during the fall, but I am really gung ho for the spring season like alot on here. This fall I would have loved to try it out again as it starts in 9-10 days in Pennsylvania, but I am over in Japan for another month doing work on an Air Force base. Alot of guys such as Bill Lyman has told me how much they love getting out during the fall and was just curious if any of you guys actually have a preference of fall turkey hunting over the spring?

turkeymanjim

Like most guys on here, there's nothing better than fooling a longbeard into gun range, myself included. But there's nothing better than breaking a flock up in the fall and hearing all the different vocalizations that the fall birds have to offer. For me, i still like spring season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Thanks for sharing Jim, hasn't even started in Pa. but I am missing it since I won't be able to do it. Missing playing my calls too wish I would have brought a few with me.

YukonC

I haven't had any success yet for the fall but I am going after them next weekend. Will just hunt one day with the bow and then it's the long wait for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeymanjim

I'm from Pa also. Not seeing my young birds around in my area, the hatches have been pretty bad the last two to three years here because of the cold and rainy springs.
ONE MORE THING, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Thanks Jim appreciate that, where in Pa.? I am near Carlisle, and good luck Yukon hope you knock down a big bird!