OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Midwest turkey call supply closing

Started by NCbowjunkie, October 24, 2019, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tal

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on October 26, 2019, 02:31:27 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on October 25, 2019, 10:37:47 PM
Wonder why he wouldn't sell the business to someone who would carry on....... ??
Yoder. He has thought about selling it but nothing has worked out so far. You interested  give him a call. I agree it would be nice if some one took over and offered the same stuff.  Not a big box chain
What they told me. No firm offers and they set their closing date.

1iagobblergetter

Glad he gets to retire,but I'll also miss getting the catalog and purchasing a few things each year..

Gooserbat

George let me know a few months ago.  Certainly will be missed.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ElkTurkMan

I sure hate to read this.  They were always great to deal with!   

Gentry

Hate to hear it. Guess there's no money in it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GobbleGitr

Wow, really sorry to hear this.  Like many of you, it was a good mail day to get that catalog.  I have a collection of them but am missing some (2003 and some older).  Would anyone have some they are willing to sell, please PM me as I am interested!

LaLongbeard

I'll have to look thru my catalogs I don't remember when I started getting them but it's been a long time. Hate to hear about the closing I bought at least a few things every year, really the only Turkey specific catalog
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

quavers59

I will miss that Catalog ! I would buy stuff every year for at least the past 10 years.

NCSWAMPFOX

will definitely miss this . i looked forward to hand drawn artwork on cover as it always reminded me of places and hunts i had been on as well as hidden items in picture. 

El Pavo Grande

Hate to hear this.  Have ordered quite a few calls from them.  Great selection and customer service.

Gobble!

Quote from: davisd9 on October 24, 2019, 03:05:22 PM
Ouch, really hate that.  It was the best place for us turkey hunters to get things.

X2 they had it all.

Bowguy

Wow that does stink. I too looked fwd to the catalog. Was a sign of spring if you asked me. Hope he enjoys his retirement

Rick

Maybe someone will step up and buy it !!!  Have done business with them for years  ...
Saved By Grace

Jmarek

Really going to miss them
I loved getting his catalog and they had almost anything
you needed in one place

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott