OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How do I post pics. on here?  (Read 1921 times)

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
How do I post pics. on here?
« on: September 25, 2019, 08:05:01 PM »
I've tried over and over to post pics. on here. I know how to get the pic. imported but it always says the file is too large when I try to post.
I subscribed to Tapatalk since everyone says that's how to post. Tried to post from there and get the same message.
This shouldn't be this difficult!
Can anybody school me?

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: How do I post pics. on here?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 08:51:35 PM »
Easiest I have found is to download the tapatalk app from the Google play store. Pretty simple to set up and you can pull pictures right off of your phone and it automatically sizes them. Lot simpler than the other method.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »
You may have to make your pics smaller. Here is how you would post. Hit Additional options just under the box your are typing in just under it on left side.  Then hit attach and it will let you select pictures from your computer or phone, If you want more than one picture push "More attachments" and you will be able to add from your computer the same as you did the first time. You are allowed up to 4 pictures.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Jester87

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Arizona
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 10:27:21 PM »
I've started using ImgBB (https://imgbb.com/) since tinypic shut down.

Go to site, click "Start Uploading," pick an image from your files, it will show your image and allow edits or just hit "upload." Then you will get a Embed Codes drop down menu. Select "BBCode Full Linked," copy the code and paste it in your OG message and the image will appear there.

So far, I haven't had to edit/resize any photos using ImgBB. The site seems to automatically resize them appropriately for message boards.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
I am currently using three methods. Easiest being Tapatalk, another being the sites internal attachment system and the other being Flickr.

Steps to Using Tapatalk
1. Go to an app store on your smart phone and download Tapatalk
2. You will need to create and account.
3. You can then search for OldGobbler and will be given the option to login. Use your OldGobbler login.
4. After that you can view the form and reply to threads.
5. To post pictures go to the a thread, select reply, then select the square with what appears to have mountains on it. That will allow you to access your phones photo library.

Steps to using Old Gobblers internal site system.
(This has given me some size errors when trying to share from my smart phone so be careful and have a back up plan. To use this method you will need to have the pictures saved to your computer or smart phone. You can also only attach four pictures per post so it may require multiple posts.)
1 - Select start topic like your opening any other thread.
2 - Under the text box you will see something that says Additional Options, select it.
3 - It will expand and you will see Attach:. Under that select browse...
4 - This will open a window that will allow you to search for the pictures you want to attach on your computer. Once you navigate through the files and find the picture you want to include double click it.
5 - Once you have selected the pictures you want to share you can click post.

Steps to using Flickr.
(Seems like a much smoother running photobucket without all the crazy pop up ads.)
1 - Go to https://www.flickr.com/ in your preferred web browser.
2 - You will need to sign up. It is free. Select Sign Up in the top right corner.
3 - It will ask you for your name, email, password, and date of birth. (use your existing email)
4 - You will then receive an email asking you to verify it was you trying to setup this account. 
5 - Verify that and click ok/next through the next couple steps.
6 - At that point your account will be setup and you can add pictures to your account to share.
7 - From your home screen on Flickr select the upload option in the top right corner.
8 - You can drag and drop pictures or select choose photos to search for them on your computer/smart as you would have in the Old Gobbler internal process.
9 - The screen will refresh. You will see the and you will need to select upload in the top right corner.
10 - Then you will be taken to the recently uploaded files. Select the picture you want to share.
11 - Bottom right corner you will see an arrow pointing to the right. Click it.
12 - You will see a pop up. Select the BBCode and copy it. You can also change the size of the image here. Images below are a medium 500x500 size.
13 - Start a comment here and paste it in.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 12:01:35 PM »
# 5 on that first post (tapatalk) solved the entire dilemma! Thanks a ton Gobble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 06:31:15 PM »
I am currently using three methods. Easiest being Tapatalk, another being the sites internal attachment system and the other being Flickr.

Steps to Using Tapatalk
1. Go to an app store on your smart phone and download Tapatalk
2. You will need to create and account.
3. You can then search for OldGobbler and will be given the option to login. Use your OldGobbler login.
4. After that you can view the form and reply to threads.
5. To post pictures go to the a thread, select reply, then select the square with what appears to have mountains on it. That will allow you to access your phones photo library.

Steps to using Old Gobblers internal site system.
(This has given me some size errors when trying to share from my smart phone so be careful and have a back up plan. To use this method you will need to have the pictures saved to your computer or smart phone. You can also only attach four pictures per post so it may require multiple posts.)
1 - Select start topic like your opening any other thread.
2 - Under the text box you will see something that says Additional Options, select it.
3 - It will expand and you will see Attach:. Under that select browse...
4 - This will open a window that will allow you to search for the pictures you want to attach on your computer. Once you navigate through the files and find the picture you want to include double click it.
5 - Once you have selected the pictures you want to share you can click post.

Steps to using Flickr.
(Seems like a much smoother running photobucket without all the crazy pop up ads.)
1 - Go to https://www.flickr.com/ in your preferred web browser.
2 - You will need to sign up. It is free. Select Sign Up in the top right corner.
3 - It will ask you for your name, email, password, and date of birth. (use your existing email)
4 - You will then receive an email asking you to verify it was you trying to setup this account. 
5 - Verify that and click ok/next through the next couple steps.
6 - At that point your account will be setup and you can add pictures to your account to share.
7 - From your home screen on Flickr select the upload option in the top right corner.
8 - You can drag and drop pictures or select choose photos to search for them on your computer/smart as you would have in the Old Gobbler internal process.
9 - The screen will refresh. You will see the and you will need to select upload in the top right corner.
10 - Then you will be taken to the recently uploaded files. Select the picture you want to share.
11 - Bottom right corner you will see an arrow pointing to the right. Click it.
12 - You will see a pop up. Select the BBCode and copy it. You can also change the size of the image here. Images below are a medium 500x500 size.
13 - Start a comment here and paste it in.

Thanks for helping where I could not, I am useless with cell phones.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 04:37:30 PM »
Easiest I have found is to download the tapatalk app from the Google play store. Pretty simple to set up and you can pull pictures right off of your phone and it automatically sizes them. Lot simpler than the other method.
This is how I do it also. I post pictures with the Tapatalk but navigate the site with the Old Gobbler website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jrkimbrough

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 04:42:41 PM »
tapatalk here as well!  super easy!