OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Veterans Day Giveaway Question For Veterans  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Veterans Day Giveaway Question For Veterans
« on: October 08, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »
I have a question before I create the thread for the giveaway, This giveaway is meant to honor those that have served, but at the same time I feel like I am insulting those that are currently serving by not including them.

The question I have is for the Veterans, would you be insulted if I included those currently serving? If the overall opinion is yes I would be insulting Veterans then I will simply do another giveaway in May for Armed Forces Day which is to celebrate those that currently serve. Sorry about asking, I truly do feel torn on this.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline NC pine chicken

Veterans Day Giveaway Question For Veterans
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »
I’m a vet, I have no issue with either. Include active duty and make it easy on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Veterans Day Giveaway Question For Veterans
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:34:01 PM »
I’m a vet, I have no issue with either. Include active duty and make it easy on you.

Thanks for the reply, I am going to wait into the evening and try to see how others feel and get a consensus before I post it. Thank you for your service.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline NC pine chicken

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 04:34:51 PM »
Thanks. It was a good run while it lasted.

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 06:09:58 PM »
Veterans are those that are serving and have served.  Both have given of themselves and their families for this Country!  Both should be included.  From a Marine that served from 75-79.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 06:17:18 PM »
Veterans are those that are serving and have served.  Both have given of themselves and their families for this Country!  Both should be included.  From a Marine that served from 75-79.
Thank you for the reply. I did go look up the definition of Veteran and that is what got me twisted up. "What is a Veteran? Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as “a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.”

It is the use of the word "served" that got me wondering if I would offend as it means past hence. Now I am not arguing with you, just explaining what it is that has me hung up. Thanks for your service as well. Guess I am over thinking it.

John Koenig:

Offline NC pine chicken

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 06:27:14 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I did go look up the definition of Veteran and that is what got me twisted up. "What is a Veteran? Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as “a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.”

It is the use of the word "served" that got me wondering if I would offend as it means past hence. Now I am not arguing with you, just explaining what it is that has me hung up. Thanks for your service as well. Guess I am over thinking it.

Strict definition, Veterans Day is for those that’ve served. Accepted definition, military members past and present. Tell you what, you want to do just veterans for this give away, me and you can do a give away for armed forces day, which is for active duty. 3rd Saturday in May. Or earlier so they can hunt em.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »

Strict definition, Veterans Day is for those that’ve served. Accepted definition, military members past and present. Tell you what, you want to do just veterans for this give away, me and you can do a give away for armed forces day, which is for active duty. 3rd Saturday in May. Or earlier so they can hunt em.

I am just fine doing it for both, I just don't want to cause any hard feelings is all. I do thank you for your input by the way, I know the way my mind works can annoy people at times.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 06:43:27 PM »
I'm just going to do this for both, I think I am over thinking this to much.

John Koenig:

Offline Clark8907

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 10:37:08 PM »
I was active duty for 10 years and still serve in the reserves. I dont see why veterans would get mad by including their brother's in arms.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 11:13:00 PM »
I was active duty for 10 years and still serve in the reserves. I dont see why veterans would get mad by including their brother's in arms.
Thank you Clark. I decided to do it for both. Thank you for your service and good luck if you choose to enter.

John Koenig:

Online Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 04:39:03 AM »
Since 9/11/2001, we have many veterans still in our ranks. Many have deployed multiple times and answered our country’s call regardless of the mission. Hence, i would include all of those whom served or are currently serving in the Department of Defense

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
Since 9/11/2001, we have many veterans still in our ranks. Many have deployed multiple times and answered our country’s call regardless of the mission. Hence, i would include all of those whom served or are currently serving in the Department of Defense
Thanks guy, I tend to over think things some times and I think I did so with this.

John Koenig:

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »
If you served or are serving you are a vet.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »
If you served or are serving you are a vet.
Thanks for the reply Greencop01 and thank you for your service.

John Koenig: