OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Palmetto State Armory ship times?  (Read 1625 times)

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Palmetto State Armory ship times?
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:32:48 PM »
I ordered a Vortex Venom last week from Palmetto. Credit card was billed ASAP, and 7 days later and I've heard nothing. I called customer service this afternoon, and was on hold for 19 minutes before someone picked up. The representative could not confirm whether the sight would be shipped today or not, but if not, they suggested I call back tomorrow. Thanks, make me wait another twenty minutes on hold.

If the sight still didn't ship tomorrow after I check their system, then they could go look and investigate the delay. I canceled the ordered.

First time customer at Palmetto. Last time too. Was my experience a one off?
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Online Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Palmetto State Armory ship times?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »
I have ordered from them and their ship times are awful. Look on the shipping info on bottom of webpage. It says they take about two weeks to ship.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 03:46:54 PM »
I have ordered from them and their ship times are awful. Look on the shipping info on bottom of webpage. It says they take about two weeks to ship.

Thanks for the feedback - their webpage says 3-5 days right now. Nothing like waiting till the last minute - had they said 'yeah, its for sure going out today' I would have kept the order but they couldn't even tell me the status. When the solution was for me to call back tomorrow I cancelled. Not the answer I wanted to hear after waiting almost 20 minutes on hold.

Found a Burris FF3 new in the box for less elsewhere, also free shipping, so pulling the trigger on that one.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
I've only order ammo from them and it usually ships within week .. never had any trouble with them...

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »
never used them but I have OpticsPlanet, great prices, discounts and shipping.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »
I've ordered guns and mags from PSA before, and got them in a timely fashion. Never ordered optics from them though.

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
Ordering from PSA has been hit or miss for me in the past. My experience has been similar to yours...card gets charged quickly then silence for a few weeks. Lots of bad and good reviews online about their shipping and customer service....depends what side of the fan boy fence you are on I guess.

I am about an hours drive from their main store and usually will stop in if I need anything now. The in store customer service is hit or miss also. About all I get is another lower or some Pmags if in stock now.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, hoot, Greg and Rut. I found their customer service rep to be completely apathetic which was the final reason I canceled - couldn't believe I waited 19 minutes to be treated that way. Good news is found a new FF3 elsewhere which arrived at the house today from across the country, and was $10 cheaper.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 02:47:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, hoot, Greg and Rut. I found their customer service rep to be completely apathetic which was the final reason I canceled - couldn't believe I waited 19 minutes to be treated that way. Good news is found a new FF3 elsewhere which arrived at the house today from across the country, and was $10 cheaper.
  I don't blame you at all for being upset with them and the way you were treated. All i did was place orders and receive my items , but all I've order was ammo...

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
8 business days since cancelling with Palmetto and still no refund. Hard to believe. Just be forewarned if you order something from there. My experience only, but not a good one!

Ended up filing a formal dispute with my credit card company. Hard to believe.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:28:15 PM by paboxcall »

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 05:54:47 PM »
I ordered a pistol Tuesday night and it was delivered here to my ffl in florida from Louisiana today at noon. Sorry for your trouble.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »
8 business days since cancelling with Palmetto and still no refund. Hard to believe. Just be forewarned if you order something from there. My experience only, but not a good one!

Not to come off like a jerk at all but as annoying as it is (and I have been there) that is not bad, most places are 10 business days or more for a refund.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »

Not to come off like a jerk at all but as annoying as it is (and I have been there) that is not bad, most places are 10 business days or more for a refund.

They told me 3 - 5 business days on the 7th. Then on the 15th they told me that was wrong, its 5 - 7 days. Now on the 8th day still no refund. That's all, just my experience of getting a changing story. Earlier today I got a third version, now its 5 - 7 days after waiting an initial and not to be counted 3 - 5 days for the refund to get approved.

Credit card company is on it. I'm good on my end and sharing what happened.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »

They told me 3 - 5 business days on the 7th. Then on the 15th they told me that was wrong, its 5 - 7 days. Now on the 8th day still no refund. That's all, just my experience of getting a changing story. Earlier today I got a third version, now its 5 - 7 days after waiting an initial and not to be counted 3 - 5 days for the refund to get approved.

Credit card company is on it. I'm good on my end and sharing what happened.
I guess I misunderstood something while I was reading, I thought it was just that your were frustrated about that time, if they told you different then yes, you clearly have the right to be upset.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."