OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Derek Tereza Box  (Read 4541 times)

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
Derek Tereza Box
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »
Just got this red cedar over curly walnut call from Derek Tereza yesterday my first from him.

This call is a player one of the easiest cost style boxes I have ever played, great roll over, rasp and tone.  He pegged an old mama eastern hen with this call.

This is not the flashiest call Derek makes but listening to his calls on Facebook, there all incredible, this is the sound that I picked and the call I got sounds exactly like his Facebook soundfiles.

Derek is a new comer but I predict he is going to be one of the go to guys for boxes, word is already spreading quickly.

If you haven't heard his calls go to Facebook, either Middle Mountain Custom calls or Derek Tereza his personal page I think your going to be impressed with what you here.

Derek also has soundfiles of a lot of other call makers calls on his personnel page, TJ Johnson, Marlin Watkins, Mike Lapp, Ernie Fetters, Jeff McKamey etc.

He is the best playing a box I have ever heard.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Derek Tereza Box
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Can't beat that combo for a flat out killing call! Derek is a good dude, glad to call him a friend. I dont think it will be long before I have a 5th box from him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 09:28:50 AM »
Can't beat that combo for a flat out killing call! Derek is a good dude, glad to call him a friend. I dont think it will be long before I have a 5th box from him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Chad for an old mama eastern hen I think Derek nailed it with this one! 

Derek is a great guy I have enjoyed  talking with him and texting him. 

He is a turkey call nut just like most of us on this forum and I think he buys and trades from other makers acquiring as many calls as he makes!

Looking forward to meeting Derek in person at Unicio this year for sure.

He is making me a snakewood persimmon that I cant wait to get.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 10:07:03 AM »
Congrats on the call, but I have to disagree on one point:

This is not the flashiest call Derek makes...

I think that is a stunning call! I love that wood combo together, very flashy.  :icon_thumright:

Derek can flat out run a box, that's for sure. When he starts and walks away from the camera all you see are feathers flying. Best gobble on any box he picks up too. His will be the box to have, I concur.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »
That's nice. How can ya get on his list    , I'v tried
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
That's nice. How can ya get on his list    , I'v tried

Yep word got around quick!

I am sure if you stay in touch with him he will get you on there when he catches up.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »
I have snake / persimmon on order with him now. Did any of you hear the Blue Mahoe / Pernambuco yesterday it was outstanding in my book....

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 10:36:14 AM »
I have snake / persimmon on order with him now. Did any of you hear the Blue Mahoe / Pernambuco yesterday it was outstanding in my book....

Greg there all outstanding in my book!

I told Derek I think he could make a turkey call out of plywood that would sound great, I haven't seen a combo he has made yet that wasn't all pure turkey.

Those mahoe calls, all mahoe, cedar mahoe, snakewood mahoe and pernambuco mahoe all sound awesome to me.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
Quite awhile back he played one I could have  , I didn't like IT HAVNT heard from him since
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »
He told me about week ago , he had to shut his list down for now , he had so many orders. He's trying to catch up he said ...

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
 An old eastern hen.... Oh yeah

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
If you want one of Derek's calls right now here is a link to one that he donated that is being currently auctioned for a good cause.

https://www.facebook.com/jeffwhitecustomcalls/posts/769408666849118?__xts__[0]=68.ARD8_yl91S7EWA7UcTYtONm-H5gci9mulmJ1xkHjiZ5JYL_jk2OGzo8AgiciH9deVM2miTWWUE2x-LhOvYJ2xlZRzYCrILBO5VyRkj8Ed1TDffP3YcMdwDQ1VNmTDSrxmr_Inq9-au0sKxVrTX85ILNUSmqZ1ZxF36VMp_PCyrWvASdSptHYBUnXOQLndV2YXxNSeIpoHbEqOPLzkW-s_ddhCc158RI-IASB5Kn1Cf4d9l9wdVjRmHtEM_U5y3HtTOFQIene3HqyLFqXCM-evtqdwQEH-XwXsdzF-h_gn3YVKDHO__jYlsX1GoaQaFU59rS6CdiwiXSJF0scbya0Kgg&__tn__=KH-R

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »
Fine looking call. He has been making some great calls for a while now, I have been seeing his posts since last winter or maybe spring and I have yet to hear one bad one from him. Hope to get from him in the future, he had a Blackline persimmon and Macassar I had really wanted to get from him but he sold out of them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 07:18:05 AM »
Congrats on a real fine call from Derek and yes he can run a box call real well.  Spent sometime with him at Turkey Trot Lodge this past August and he is a great guy to talk to about calls and hunting!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:52:18 PM »
Congrats on a real fine call from Derek and yes he can run a box call real well.  Spent sometime with him at Turkey Trot Lodge this past August and he is a great guy to talk to about calls and hunting!
I did not even realize he was there, would have liked to have talked with him.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."