OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Waiting list  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Waiting list
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 01:17:56 AM »
Wakins, TJ Johnson, Jeff Mckamey, Matt Faulkerson, Steve Savage, Ed Terefencko or new comer Derek Tereza this is custom one piece boxes. i would look at another group if it was glued boxes ...

Derek Tereza is turning out some incredible sounding calls. 

I have one on order from him now, walnut over cedar.

The guy is one of the best if not the best I have seen at running a box.

If you have not heard his calls go to Facebook (middle mountain custom turkey calls) and listen to his videos there incredible
Derek had a Blackline persimmon and Macassar I had contacted him about but he had already sold out of them. Sounded and looked fantastic. https://www.facebook.com/derek.tereza/videos/vb.100000735698372/2566616506706181/?type=2&theater
I believe I own that box

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had the money at that time and really wanted to get it from him, looked incredible and sounded every bit as good in his video. You're a lucky man.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline BMAC_Turkeys

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
Lamar, Darrin, Steve Mann, Wendell Lancaster, Scott Bashore

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »
Steve Mann
Darin Dawkins
Marlin Watkins
Albert Paul
Dan Wittenberg

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 11:30:24 PM »
Lamar Williams
Marlin Watkins
Darrin Dawkins
Albert Paul
Matt Fulkerson
And the top three would get extra pressure( begging ) to get me one before season statred ! The other two may not have a long enough wait list to have to beg to much .... But they are ALL great callmakers IMHO.
But depending on time constraints and season opens in weeks . Jeff McKamey and David Halloran.
With this being said I'm a long box man , kill alot more turkeys with a long box but thats what I pull out first , but these all 7 of these guys are capable of building either , so short or long send em on !

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 11:25:35 AM »
Lamar Williams
Marlin Watkins
Darrin Dawkins
Albert Paul
Matt Fulkerson
And the top three would get extra pressure( begging ) to get me one before season statred ! The other two may not have a long enough wait list to have to beg to much .... But they are ALL great callmakers IMHO.
But depending on time constraints and season opens in weeks . Jeff McKamey and David Halloran.
With this being said I'm a long box man , kill alot more turkeys with a long box but thats what I pull out first , but these all 7 of these guys are capable of building either , so short or long send em on !

Your not going to get a call from Mckamey in a few weeks. More like a year but well worth the wait.

Offline wolfman

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »
Yea, I've been waiting on Jeff for 11 months now.  But I'm still excited about what will finally come.

Offline nitro

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 06:42:29 PM »
Steve Mann
Albert Paul
Lamar Williams
Darrin Dawkins
Paul B Durham
Royal Slam 2008

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 06:19:26 AM »
That is a very tough question. Lots of great call makers already mentioned and I will add a couple more just to make it even more of a tougher decision LOL!!! Billy Bush,Ralph Snodgrass,Roger Parks ,Shag Hill,Jeff White, Tim Bullock. I know I missed many others also but these guys build some really great calls as well as all the others that were mentioned. I would also break my calls into groups and get a long box, hen box, short box, and a Turpin style and mini paddle to give you the widest range of sound if you could only have 5 forever. Have fun choosing