OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Optic choices  (Read 2606 times)

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Optic choices
« on: September 29, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »
I have several mini reflex sights. The big names and several cheap ones. Im always on the hunt for more but I prefer a green dot over a red. There didnt used to be many out there. Now there are a handful but they all seem to be cheaper sights. I just recently found a newer player on the market that has had pretty good reviews. In mini reflex they have a 3moa red but not green. What they do have is a green circle dot in green, the dot is a 3moa. Kind of like the old truglo scope. I really like the idea of this but Im wondering if its to much in a mini reflex. Maybe blur the target. Ive got an email in to the company. What are yalls thoughts on the circle dot?
Georgia Boy

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
Re: Optic choices
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »
I think trijicon has a circle or possibly a triangle reticle in green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 05:56:03 PM »
They do. I just not fond of it. There single green dot is like 9 moa as well.
Georgia Boy

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »
I just made a post in the optics section. I spoke with the company today and decided on buying a sight to try out. This is a video they sent me of the model I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9hki5drsn6h2zku/AAA_k5IMoyLta7yBeiYLbrbLa/IMG_7460.MOV?dl=0
Georgia Boy

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 01:35:37 PM »
I just made a post in the optics section. I spoke with the company today and decided on buying a sight to try out. This is a video they sent me of the model I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9hki5drsn6h2zku/AAA_k5IMoyLta7yBeiYLbrbLa/IMG_7460.MOV?dl=0
I watched the other video, shows up nice against the sun and green background. I hope it turns out working as well for you as you hope.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 02:46:04 PM »
Neat video , thanks for sharing ...

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 05:24:01 PM »

What’s the company?

Offline firedup

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 08:43:16 PM »
I have found the circle dot or another site option, what I call the T dot very useful in judging distance. If it frames a certain picture of the bird I know I am good. 

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »

What’s the company?

I found in optics section

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 04:43:42 PM »
Just got my sight. Man I am impressed. Even before purchase I was already pleased with service. I sent emails on a Sunday and they were answered. On Monday I called and spoke with their product manager. He had tons of knowledge about the specs of the product. I ended up ordering Monday afternoon. Got email confirmation of order and ship date with tracking. It arrived this afternoon.

It came packed in a box like most other but had a rubberized foam type material, not the cheap foam. Inside was the sight, weaver rail mounting base, rubber cap, battery and several bag of mounting screws for different applications, such as mounting directly to a pistol.

The sight is built heavy duty. I own two burris and several cheap sights and to me its built tougher than the burris. The glass is really clear and clean. The optic itself is very crisp and bright, no blurry edges. Has ten brightness adjustments. Two button operation.

My main concern was if the circle would blob out a gobbler at 40 yards. The answer is NO. I was on one of my job sites and held the center dot on a 2" PVC pipe cap coming up out of a slab at 40 yards and it works perfect.

I have yet to test it, so the true test will be how it performs but up to this point Im extremely impressed with everything. I really think this is gonna be another optic of choice for turkey hunters when these sights start getting out there. Ill provide further report after shooting it.
Georgia Boy

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 05:12:46 PM »
Nice, congrats on the new sight - sounds very promising. How does this mount? Doesn't have the Burris / Vortex base or footprint, correct?
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »
It looks like the burris 336 base but I havent measured it or tried it yet. It comes with a base for weaver rail. They also say it RMR compatible which is a trijicon sight.

I put some photos and video review on old gobbler facebook page.
Georgia Boy

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 08:58:17 PM »
Thanks!  :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 11:26:44 PM »
Check out the Mueller Quik Shot.

Offline ctwny1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 06:03:59 AM »
What’s the company?