turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Skull - Interesting Find

Started by Gobble!, September 26, 2019, 10:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

I saved a few gobbler heads and buried them in the garden, so far so good.  Dug them up the other day and they look pretty good.  Need a few more weeks and I'll pull them and rinse them off and soak in peroxide, they won't be pure white but still pretty cool looking.   

Boykin Hollow

I think I may try this also.  Here in GA all I have to do is look for a good fire ant mound. 

tal

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 28, 2019, 06:54:37 PM
I see skull necklace next in my future ... with spurs in between....
Worn to the NWTF Convention... LMBO. You should go with all you can make. Let the market set the price, good capitalism.

Greg Massey

Quote from: tal on October 01, 2019, 08:10:06 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on September 28, 2019, 06:54:37 PM
I see skull necklace next in my future ... with spurs in between....
Worn to the NWTF Convention... LMBO. You should go with all you can make. Let the market set the price, good capitalism.
Hey , Show Me The Money... lol..........

tracker#1

Just finished mine up from a Tennessee  spring bird. Shot with 870 20 gauge. Apex #8s GT-20 @ 45 yards. You'll notice a "graze" on top of skull and 2 TSS pellets stuck in skull from behind picture. Vertebrate stopped them from further penatration . Also, 1 pellet fell out of brain cavity.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DaMitch

I think this is the first skull I have seen.  Very cool Thanks
DaMiich

West Augusta

I've had this one about 10 years now.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: West Augusta on November 01, 2019, 07:39:38 PM
I've had this one about 10 years now.

Reminds me of this picture I use on another site.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 28, 2019, 03:19:22 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on September 28, 2019, 02:14:27 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 28, 2019, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on September 28, 2019, 01:21:35 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 27, 2019, 10:38:58 PM
About a month after cutting up my bird I realized that I had wanted to keep the head, was to late by then, to bad, it was my first turkey.

These were the first I've ever kept. I'll probably keep them all from here out. Not sure what I'll do with them though.
I can't remember who it is here, but he does a really neat European Mount with them and all the other feathers. That is one of them, here is his Facebook page, I just can't remember his name here. https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/
I think it's probably MKMGOBL.
That does seem to sound right, thanks.

Indeed it is!

Been doing these for a while, do the "beetle" method with these as it saves some time for my customers. After beetles they get whitened, I have a buddy who camo dips deer skulls and looking to see about a dip on some to see how they turn out. I like the classic white skull for my self but getting some customers asking for the dip.

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MKMGOBL

Dr Juice

trad bow

MK M GOBL

THANKS for the compliments!!

Part of the passion of turkey hunting for me, did these for myself to begin with and kept getting people asking "Where I got my mounts from?" After saying I did these for myself, the question of can you do one for me kept coming. After some consideration and explaining the "on my terms" of this I started Fan-Atic Turkey Displays, I am pretty limited in what I do for work, I am somewhat obsessed in the details.

I did this one for a buddy of mine, he wanted to put up one display. Versioned after one in my house I came up with the Barn Board Beard Master w/Skull.

Holds 25 beards & spur sets, center "feature" bird, fan & skull.

MK M GOBL