OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Skull - Interesting Find

Started by Gobble!, September 26, 2019, 10:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Decided to save two heads this spring and finally got around to putting them together. Turned out pretty nice. One bird took some major damage to the skull. Shot was in the 40 yard range. One of the TSS #9s entered into the front of the skull and came out the back. Shows how bad those little #9s can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishr64

Ctrize

That first pictures looks cool, from a turkey hunters perspective. 

mullet dredge

Thats cool. Ive got one in the freezer that I was planning on doing the same thing. Care to elaborate a little on your process?

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Neat project, looks good

the #9 hole in the top pic blasted thru so clean it looks like a drill bit, great penetration

sixbird

I LIKE IT!
I had one done a couple of years ago by a guy who had beetles. It was interesting to see the angle of the shot (I remembered how the bird was looking) and how the pellets penetrated. Makes a good memory...

Gobble!

Quote from: mullet dredge on September 27, 2019, 08:16:50 AM
Thats cool. Ive got one in the freezer that I was planning on doing the same thing. Care to elaborate a little on your process?

Left them hanging in plastic bread bags in the woods for 3 months so the bugs could do their part then soaked them in peroxide for a week.

Sir-diealot

About a month after cutting up my bird I realized that I had wanted to keep the head, was to late by then, to bad, it was my first turkey.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Never really had a reason to keep the heads ... nice head .... :OGturkeyhead:

Gobble!

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 27, 2019, 10:38:58 PM
About a month after cutting up my bird I realized that I had wanted to keep the head, was to late by then, to bad, it was my first turkey.

These were the first I've ever kept. I'll probably keep them all from here out. Not sure what I'll do with them though.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gobble! on September 28, 2019, 01:21:35 PM

These were the first I've ever kept. I'll probably keep them all from here out. Not sure what I'll do with them though.
I can't remember who it is here, but he does a really neat European Mount with them and all the other feathers. That is one of them, here is his Facebook page, I just can't remember his name here. https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 28, 2019, 01:31:37 PM

I can't remember who it is here, but he does a really neat European Mount with them and all the other feathers. That is one of them, here is his Facebook page, I just can't remember his name here. https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/
I think it's probably MKMGOBL.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on September 28, 2019, 02:14:27 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 28, 2019, 01:31:37 PM

I think it's probably MKMGOBL.
That does seem to sound right, thanks.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

I see skull necklace next in my future ... with spurs in between....