OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: rubber boots  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
rubber boots
« on: September 16, 2019, 04:56:56 PM »
 :help:I know us turkey hunters put a lot of time on our feet. I wear rubber knee boots because of ticks. Problem is finding ones with good support. I wore out my old lacrosse aeroheads, best boot i thought they ever made. Any the new fandangled ones in my opinion are 1/2 the boot. Can`t find anything with good support. tried a pair of rockys i liked them but my ankles did not. Any suggestions on a good early season rubber knee boot?

Online Boykin Hollow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: rubber boots
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:55:35 PM »
I wear muck boots most of the time.  Works good for me.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 06:14:17 PM »
When i wear rubber boots , they are Tingley - Airgo.... they are as light as a pair of tennis shoes and were much better ... if you ever buy a pair , you want use anything else ...

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
Lacrosse Alpha Burley and had a pair split at heel after 16-months, they still replaced for free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B28UFHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
When i wear rubber boots , they are Tingley - Airgo.... they are as light as a pair of tennis shoes and were much better ... if you ever buy a pair, you want use anything else ...

I would vote for the Tingley. Use them to Turkey hunt, deer hunt and most of the summer when roaming farm or Mtns. They wear extremely well and resist green thorns and barbed wire. If you need support there are all kinds or orthopedic arch supports available. I would not rely on just the manufacturers as they are making their boots to fit all.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.