OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Discussted about my BPS  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Discussted about my BPS
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 04:59:20 PM »
Well that was easy enough. I called them and they said go to Browning Web Page and scroll down to the bottom of page and click on the grey box. It said law suit against Browning concerning the Dura-Touch finish. It let me print out a shipping label. All I have to do now is get it boxed up and ship it out. Thanks

Unfortunately, problems with the Dura -Touch ( turns out it`s not so " Dura" ) are widespread and widely reported. I`m assuming that if Browning re-finishes, they`re either using a new finish or have discovered the problem with the Dura-Touch and have corrected it. Personally, I`d want to know which.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 07:49:46 PM »
My SX3 is a Waterfowl model.

It was originally DuraTouch MO Shadowgrass.   It came back a hydro-dipped MO Blades.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
Well it went out today to Browning. Hopefully it won't be too many months until I get it back. I wanted to send stock and forearm but they wanted the entire gun. I have other turkey guns so I won't be without for the coming season.
Ethics & Respect First

Offline GunRunner

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 08:54:50 PM »
Send it back to Browning.
I am pleased with the replacement stock components and they match well with the camo pattern on  the barrel /receiver. The only thing is you need to plan on 10 to 11 months before you get it back.
For me it was all the excuse I needed to buy a second backup turkey gun!

GunRunner

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 12:35:09 PM »
Roll it around on a good dirt road with some fine dust. It’ll cost the gun and no longer be sticky.

Contact them. Send it back. They’ll treat you right. Good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 2eagles

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »
I’ve been down this road with two Brownings. A BPS and a Silver with Sticky Touch. The BPS was only used a bit one season for ducks and just sitting in the cabinet when the finish went bad. I used Googone to take off the sticky, but the color faded real bad, so I had it refinished and sold it. My Silver is my go to gun and I wasn’t about to send it off for several months. I used Googone on it and the finish under the sticky didn’t change color. I would soften the rubber with Googone and then scrape the residue off with my fingernail. It took a lot of time, but I was able to use my shotgun.  I never did contact Browning because at the time internet chatter said they were denying responsibility due to abuse like getting bug spray or cleaning oils on the finish. No hard feelings for Browning except I mentioned my experience on a Browning Facebook post and those stinkers deleted my polite comments.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »
I was told one time you could use talcum powder and sprinkle it on the stick parts and that would help...

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »
Wow, what a fast turn around. I just received an email from Browning that my gun is being shipped out today. A month and a half turn around. I read some have waited 11 months. I'm anxious to see how it turned out. I'll let you know how she looks.  :jackson:
Ethics & Respect First

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
I think they quit making Dura Touch some time back for good reason.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 11:56:03 AM »
I have to say Browning is a first rate Company. They paid postage both ways, stripped the gummy finish off and repainted with paint this time. Gun looks brand new. No more Duro Touch. I'm glad I listened to some of you and contacted Browning. Thank You, sorry I didn't take any pictures but trust me a first rate job was done.
Ethics & Respect First

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
Glad you got it taken care of .. good deal...

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »
That's the reason they still in business
Glad it worked out for you