OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Discussted about my BPS  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
Discussted about my BPS
« on: September 14, 2019, 10:26:56 PM »
Hello, I have a Browning BPS Turkey gun with the camo dura touch finish on it. Gun was fine for a few years but now the finish on the stock and forend has become very gummy and sticky. Anyone know of any remedies for this or an easy way to take the finish off. I liked the feel of it when the gun was new. Any help would be appreciated.
Ethics & Respect First

Offline ccleroy

• Longbeard
    • Spring Allure Custom Calls
Re: Discussted about my BPS
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »
Contact Browning, they will take it back and refinish it.

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »
I did wright them a letter a year ago and haven't heard anything back. I guess I should try again.
Ethics & Respect First

Offline ccleroy

• Longbeard
    • Spring Allure Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 10:33:10 PM »
I did wright them a letter a year ago and haven't heard anything back. I guess I should try again.

You should call them.

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 10:37:19 PM »
ok, I just looked for the number and found it. I will call them next week. Thanks.
Ethics & Respect First

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 10:44:43 PM »

You should call them.
Agreed, I just about always get better results with most things when I call instead of write.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
I think I'd ask them to figure something out without trying that type of finish twice. Usually if something don't work the first time im moving on to something else. Burn me once shame on you. Burn me twice shame on me. :toothy9:

Offline Spurs Up

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »
I experienced the same thing a few years ago. I ended up shipping the gun to my their warranty repair center in Arnold, MO. They gave me a progress tracking code and projected the job would take up to 90 days. I got the gun back 9 months later. It was no longer the Dura-touch finish, but a decent dip paint job. Wasn’t worth the wait. Hopefully yours won’t take near as long.

Offline Will

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 10:30:15 AM »
I would definitely call them. My A5 had a problem ejecting shells and I had it sent back. Browning sent me a tracking code and a 90 day finish date. The gun was finished before the 90 days and I even contacted the specific gunsmith that completed the work. He spoke to me over the phone about the problem. I was very satisfied with the service and I wouldn’t think twice about calling back asking questions if I wasn’t satisfied. They have been in the business a long time and have a reputation to uphold.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:49:23 PM by Will »

Offline fishr64

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 12:55:45 PM »
My SIL called about 2 Xbolt rifles with Dura-Touch stock issues. Browning had them send the rifles back and returned one with a new stock and the other is is going to be a complete gun replacement due to accuracy problems. I thought that was pretty good customer service in this day and age.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 08:13:02 PM »
Called them about the Dura Touch going gummy on my SX3.   Sent it to them and it took 10-11 months to get it back.   But it was fixed.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 08:29:49 PM »
Had a 3" bps do same thing
Took it to my dealer the gun was 10 y.o. They sent it back 3 months later I called. Them
He put me on with rep. They sent me a brand new 3.5 inch no charge
Can't help. But to like them

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »
I see some of you fellows have had the same issue. I think the gun is out of warranty but I will call them and see if they will fix problem.
Ethics & Respect First

Offline Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 07:13:25 AM »
Ive sent stock and forearm to them, from a camo BAR and they replaced. Just call them. It wont be new news to them.

Offline Strut Buster

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Cambria County, PA
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 03:52:52 PM »
Well that was easy enough. I called them and they said go to Browning Web Page and scroll down to the bottom of page and click on the grey box. It said law suit against Browning concerning the Dura-Touch finish. It let me print out a shipping label. All I have to do now is get it boxed up and ship it out. Thanks
Ethics & Respect First