turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just sitting here

Started by Happy, September 11, 2019, 08:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

By a fire doing some thinking. Who else just gets that feeling on certain days that they are going to kill something? I mean I kill stuff on days that I never get that feeling(sometimes anyways), but there I are certain days every once in a while that I just "know" its gonna happen. Anyone else experience that? I am betting I ain't that weird.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RutnNStrutn

Not me. When I've gotten that feeling in the past, I usually strike out the next day!!
These days I just go out to enjoy the woods, and if it happens, it happens.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I try to make it happen , but most day's i'm not so lucky.. but i agree Happy , someday's you just have that feeling and it all comes together .. i agree life is to short , just enjoy the day's and the hunt ...

guesswho

I know exactly what your taking about.   I run about 90% when I get that feeling.   It seems to hit me about twice a year.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

1iagobblergetter

Usually I get that feeling if ive done my homework correctly or hunting one of my favorite places.If i haven't or im not then not so much.

crow

I have had those feelings since being a kid and still pay attention to them, from big game to small game.

in grade school I use to still hunt groundhogs slipping along hedgerows and field edges with an old fox double barrel.

thats about as early as I can remember having that feeling of just knowing it was going to be a good ground hog thinning day.

Happy

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on September 11, 2019, 10:05:14 PM
Usually I get that feeling if ive done my homework correctly or hunting one of my favorite places.If i haven't or im not then not so much.
See that's where I often screwed up. Back in my roosting days I would typically always have something go sideways on me. Be it deer coming in and deciding to snort and stomp or a myriad of other things I never felt super confident on a roosted bird. Dont get me wrong I have killed birds right off the roost but typically I do best when I just hear a bird at daylight and play the hand I am delt.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Upfold99

I get that feeling a few times a season. Happens with deer also.  I never think when its coming. It will just get all over me for a few seconds and then I forget about it.

zelmo1

I get the feeling, I feel it sometimes too. Not 100% accurate, lol

silvestris

One should believe he is going to be successful on every hunt.  Confidence kills.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game