OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Staying United

Started by allaboutshooting, September 10, 2019, 01:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

I believe we are about to see the largest concerted assault on our rights to own firearms in my lifetime. That includes the massive 1968 act. Everything that can be done to divide us will be attempted. We've already seen a lot of that but I think that's only the beginning.

Hunters, shooters and all other freedom-loving people need to be aware of the tactics that are being used and that will be expanded. When the right to due process and the right to confront your accuser have been suspended (red flag laws) for firearms, how hard is it to suspend those rights in other situations.

This is the time to support each other, contact your government officials, all of them, and not allow others to drive a wedge between us. If you've ever stood firm for any of your rights, it's time to do it again for the 2nd Amendment.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Sir-diealot

They took trapping away in California and I fear NY will follow suit as it so often does. This is all a part of united we stand and divided we fall. Gun hunters, bow hunters, crossbow hunters, Flintlock, percussion cap and inline muzzle loader hunters,  fisher persons, trappers and so on need to quit squabbling and work together. I knew when I went for my trapping license that it was going to only be something I could do on a very limited bases because of body problems but a larger reason for getting it is I wanted to support all available outdoor pursuits in my state, I will be getting a waterfowl stamp even though I do not do that as well.

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/predator-hunting/california-bans-fur-trapping?fbclid=IwAR1Y0i7-POMyx51VtBItnpFvfUoe4Lgwensrj6aC1tUsY7fQz2qpJS8zDhE
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: allaboutshooting on September 10, 2019, 01:41:59 PM
I believe we are about to see the largest concerted assault on our rights to own firearms in my lifetime. That includes the massive 1968 act. Everything that can be done to divide us will be attempted. We've already seen a lot of that but I think that's only the beginning.

Hunters, shooters and all other freedom-loving people need to be aware of the tactics that are being used and that will be expanded. When the right to due process and the right to confront your accuser have been suspended (red flag laws) for firearms, how hard is it to suspend those rights in other situations.

This is the time to support each other, contact your government officials, all of them, and not allow others to drive a wedge between us. If you've ever stood firm for any of your rights, it's time to do it again for the 2nd Amendment.

Thanks,
Clark
X2 ,,, i agree with you 100 percent .. we have got to stand our ground ...

fishr64

RutnNStrutn

Amen to that!! It is horrible timing for the NRA and LaPierre to be pulling shenanigans and using membership money as their private slush fund. We need the NRA to be strong and focused.
With that said, vote your freedom!! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Which means do NOT vote Democrat. It truly is that simple. The Democrats are actively attacking the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 12th amendments.  Likewise they are trying to utilize the 25th Amendment to remove a lawfully elected, and law abiding president. Further they are trying to reduce the voting age to 16, and grant amnesty to illegals in order to gain tens of millions of new Democrat voters, thereby effectively destroying America by ensuring that the Democrats always remain in power. >:(
We almost lost America, and our freedom to Hillary Clinton in 2016. It was that close. Vote smart, vote for freedom, vote for America. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on September 10, 2019, 04:53:59 PM
Amen to that!! It is horrible timing for the NRA and LaPierre to be pulling shenanigans and using membership money as their private slush fund. We need the NRA to be strong and focused.
With that said, vote your freedom!! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Which means do NOT vote Democrat. It truly is that simple. The Democrats are actively attacking the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 12th amendments.  Likewise they are trying to utilize the 25th Amendment to remove a lawfully elected, and law abiding president. Further they are trying to reduce the voting age to 16, and grant amnesty to illegals in order to gain tens of millions of new Democrat voters, thereby effectively destroying America by ensuring that the Democrats always remain in power. >:(
We almost lost America, and our freedom to Hillary Clinton in 2016. It was that close. Vote smart, vote for freedom, vote for America. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Could not agree more.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nyhunter

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

AMEN TO ALL THE ABOVE

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Big Guy

Here is an opposing viewpoint on red flag laws.  No constitutional right is absolute.  Take the freedom of speech. There are limits to what you can legally say.  Take libel for example. 

No doubt that red flag laws can be abused, and can a person be unjustly denied their right to firearms?  Absolutely.  But so can someone's right to liberty when they are falsely accused and convicted.

In the overwhelming majority of red flag calls are for suicide concerns, and in the 10 years since Indiana passed it's red flag laws suicide due to guns has dropped 7.5% and Virginia 13% without any significant increase in suicides due to other means.  I recently had a friend talk suicide and if there were red flag laws where I live I definitely would have used it.

Will this change anyone's mind?  Probably not, but it's always nice to hear a different point of view.

Muzzy61

Quote from: allaboutshooting on September 10, 2019, 01:41:59 PM

Thanks,
Clark

You are so right, now more than ever is the time for us to stay strong and united.

We owe it to little guys like my grandson.

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr