OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Doug Morgan class act

Started by Rick Simmons, September 09, 2019, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Simmons

Spent some time with Doug Morgan today and what a great guy. Played his hen box call and was blown away. You can't go wrong purchasing one of his box calls. Not just a call maker but a old time turkey hunter. Thanks again "Swamp"

Greg Massey

I'm on his list waiting for one ... excited

3bailey3

oh heck, I thought I was up next!

strutnrut

I have know Doug a long time. You ain't going to find a better person and Im proud to call him my friend. They broke the mold on Jimmy Dale.  I'll tell a story.
Asked him to build me a hen box. He responded you build calls build your own. Well I did, so I'm  out chasing fall birds and the wife calls an says you have a package from MS a Doug Morgan fellow. I come out the woods drive home and sure enough I got a hen box. I head back to where I busted birds that morning and hit that Morgan box and had one answer had her dead in 15 min. I hung her in a tree with my hen box an proudly took a picture. Dang Doug that was a long time ago.

callmakerman

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 09, 2019, 09:00:06 PM
I'm on his list waiting for one ... excited
Been on his list for two years I think. Picked up two of his little Turpin boxes a while back and their awesome. Not sure he makes to many hen boxes.

Lone_Strutter

Ole Doug makes a fine box, and you won't meet a better person!

3bailey3

I just listen to a pod cast of Doug and Richard talking about hen boxes, good stuff, telling how to run them right!

Morgan

It was good meeting and talking turkey with ya'll Swamp.....Bailey I'm working fast as I can..... :TooFunny:
Richard that was a long time ago....
Appreciate the kind words from everybody....

Hooksnhorns

Doug makes a fine hen box and is as fine as feller as you'll meet.
Don't Tread On Me

M Sharpe

OL' Doug is a super fine guy! Been knowing him for several years! Builds a mighty fine call!!! Proud to call him a friend!!
Can't wait to play some at Unicoi next year!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!