OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Possible Threat to Turkeys in Georgia ( and maybe everywhere else in the South)  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
The Argentine tegu lizard appears to be establishing itself in southern Georgia. Gets up to 4 ft. in length and eats just about anything it can catch. Particularly fond of eggs of ground nesting birds. The state is trying to get out in front of them with aggressive trapping. We can thank pet owners with less brains than a turnip for this situation. Lizard gets too big, too aggressive, so it gets released.

I swear, if given half a chance we can screw up just about anything when it comes to nature.

Offline Spurs Up

I don’t know where that might be in southern Georgia, but you can bet them tegus will never make it to the mountains of northern Georgia. They would be “vittles” there. Delicacies.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
I don’t know where that might be in southern Georgia, but you can bet them tegus will never make it to the mountains of northern Georgia. They would be “vittles” there. Delicacies.

Just a couple of counties west of Savannah ( Toombs and Tattnall )

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
The Argentine tegu lizard appears to be establishing itself in southern Georgia. Gets up to 4 ft. in length and eats just about anything it can catch. Particularly fond of eggs of ground nesting birds. The state is trying to get out in front of them with aggressive trapping. We can thank pet owners with less brains than a turnip for this situation. Lizard gets too big, too aggressive, so it gets released.

I swear, if given half a chance we can screw up just about anything when it comes to nature.

Ya lost me at the Trump slur. Trump 2020!!!

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler

Turnip not Trump
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler

???

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
I’m sorry fellas!

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
Maybe the Pythons will eat them when they make it up this way.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
I guess i need to get a bigger pellet rifle , i hear they are coming out with new TSS pellet ...

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
I guess i need to get a bigger pellet rifle , i hear they are coming out with new TSS pellet ...

Yep and only $50 a box
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard

Yep and only $50 a box
Please tell me you’re joking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk