turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good bye old friend

Started by Muzzy61, September 04, 2019, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

Ok, so a little dramatic I didn't lose a friend, family member or dog.
I had to retire my snake boots, finally blew out the sole. I hunt in Florida and wear them year round in the woods.
Had these for 6 or 7 years and they wore like a glove. Taking the new ones to the woods this weekend to check trail camera.

Anybody else have a article of hunting clothing that is long in the tooth they are dreading to have and replace?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

paboxcall

Set of Browning Hydrofleece jacket and bibs in original MO Breakup. Un-insulated and perfect weight for layering late fall and early spring. The gortex lining is shot in the knees and elbows, but I did get 20 years of wear and tear.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Not clothes but my old backpack needs serious help.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I got old pair of redhead snake boot , i've had them for years and for the last 2, i have had to baby them, they are just about wore out ... but they wear so good ....

guesswho

Mine was a hat.  It saw a lot of turkey carnage in its life.  It met an unfortunate end by the way of a bush-hog.  Despite my best efforts, it couldn't be saved.  I gave it a proper send off in the turkey woods where it had heard and seen so many over the years.  I did manage to save the back velcro tab from it, that is now attached to me fanny pack by a safety pin.  That started me on a quest to find a suitable replacement.  I had settled on one that has been with me for about the last 5 years, it produces, but it's just not the same.  Someone recently gifted me one of those hard to get TFC hats that I was making fun of a while back.   On a whim I grabbed it one morning while going to work on my property this summer.  I saw several turkeys while there, so I'm going to give it test run this spring.  I'm thinking this could be the replacement I've been searching for.  Time will tell.  Below are pictures of my long departed friend.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Muzzy61

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 04, 2019, 04:22:27 PM
I got old pair of redhead snake boot , i've had them for years and for the last 2, i have had to baby them, they are just about wore out ... but they wear so good ....

The ones I finally wore out were the Red Head side zip.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

A pair of gloves. Managed to hang onto them for about 6 years. For me that is a record. Somehow I managed to loose them last bow season and have been bouncing around trying out different pairs. I used those gloves hunting from April to January on both deer and turkeys. I hate bulky gloves and have been slowly switching onto fingerless.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tal

I have a Gore-Tex shell covered in cordura from Cabela's bought on a half price sale in bottomland camo from 30 years ago or better. A wet day covering for early ducks, the spring woods; it's been faithful. Still as water tight as the day I bought it.  That's one curved hook on that gobblers leg/hat pic.

roberthyman14

My original orange vest.  Got it back when I was 16. I'm 36 now. I know I need a replacement but just cant bring myself to buy a new vest.  It has rode many a miles on my dash during the season, walk many miles with me, been on lots of blood trails, hunted all the elements and it still works just fine. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eggshell

I bush hogged a mighty fine hat myself. I think some arsehole turkey pulled that limb down low enough to knock it off my head. They are vial creatures and it is a service to mankind to reduce the population.

I also had a vest I had sown up several times.

Gobbler2577

Been wearing the same facemask since 93.  Its pretty rough but I cant seem to get used to another one.  It will be a sad day when it finally falls apart.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk