OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Long spur shootout  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Southerngobbler

Long spur shootout
« on: September 03, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »
Is anyone familiar with this event? It doesn't seem like the callmakers will be selling calls. Only the calls that are in the actual contest will be auctioned off. I'm told there is a calling competition at a nearby location that is opened to the public but other than the auction itself the callmaking contest is't really open to the public. I live not too far away so I might go anyways.

Offline TheBigSnood

Re: Long spur shootout
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 05:17:12 PM »
Is anyone familiar with this event? It doesn't seem like the callmakers will be selling calls. Only the calls that are in the actual contest will be auctioned off. I'm told there is a calling competition at a nearby location that is opened to the public but other than the auction itself the callmaking contest is't really open to the public. I live not too far away so I might go anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

Offline espo16

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 07:47:42 PM »
http://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/holmes/holmes-county-outdoor-expo/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »
There is a NWTF sanctioned calling contest. This the first year for the call makers contest. It's a total donation makers contest with no entry fee. The calls will be auctioned off and the local chapter will keep all funds. Winners of call makers contest will be announced at calling contest on Saturday.

Offline Southerngobbler

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 10:17:53 PM »
Sooo....It sounds like i'm not gonna need to rent a U haul to get all my Watkins fiddle boxes home. I'l bring a duffel bag just in case.