OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

World Championshhip Still Target Shoot

Started by allaboutshooting, September 26, 2019, 10:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

The NWTF will no longer support the World Championship Still Target Shoot. No shoot this year or for for the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Gobble!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

crow

Did they give a reason?

just another slice out of the pie and nail in the coffin

Tail Feathers

Kind of turning their back on members here I think.  That shoot gave companies incentives and an outlet to introduce new products and loads.  The NWTF should re-think this decision.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

nitro

New regime in Edgefield. I first joined in 1978. Done with the NWTF.. not the organization it once was.
Royal Slam 2008

Old Gobbler

It's a big expenditure for the federation so I can understand that for some reason they have some other use for the funds

perhaps gather more sponsors and raise the entrance fees and possibly next year make it happen

, with that said years and years ago it was a bigger deal and winning the competition equals huge sales ,  after market choke tubes were not as common 15 years ago as today and now it seems that there is a plethora of premium,  custom and hand loaded performance ammo, so things have changed

Hope they bring it back next year 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Sir-diealot

I was planing to renew my membership this week and get one of my nephews entered in the Jakes program, now I am rethinking renewing but I will still get him the Jakes Membership because I said I would.

I can understand what some of you are saying about it being different now, I was a member up until my accident in 2001 and then not again until I started  being able to hunt again a few years ago, and I still have some of the old magazines and you can see a big difference in the way things are being done. Not that I was a big fan of their magazine anyway, I always preferred Turkey & Turkey Hunter which is why I am so sad they are gone. Used to go to the biology section first off whenever a new issues was delivered.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Support the NWTF.... i want the liberals to know , WE.. gun owns and hunters have a mission regardless ....

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 28, 2019, 12:19:12 PM
Support the NWTF.... i want the liberals to know , WE.. gun owns and hunters have a mission regardless ....

I agree with Greg, support everything outdoors whether verbal or with monetary support.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com