OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Waiting list  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2019 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Waiting list
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 01:17:56 AM »
Wakins, TJ Johnson, Jeff Mckamey, Matt Faulkerson, Steve Savage, Ed Terefencko or new comer Derek Tereza this is custom one piece boxes. i would look at another group if it was glued boxes ...

Derek Tereza is turning out some incredible sounding calls. 

I have one on order from him now, walnut over cedar.

The guy is one of the best if not the best I have seen at running a box.

If you have not heard his calls go to Facebook (middle mountain custom turkey calls) and listen to his videos there incredible
Derek had a Blackline persimmon and Macassar I had contacted him about but he had already sold out of them. Sounded and looked fantastic. https://www.facebook.com/derek.tereza/videos/vb.100000735698372/2566616506706181/?type=2&theater
I believe I own that box

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had the money at that time and really wanted to get it from him, looked incredible and sounded every bit as good in his video. You're a lucky man.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline BMAC_Turkeys

• 2019 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
Lamar, Darrin, Steve Mann, Wendell Lancaster, Scott Bashore

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »
Steve Mann
Darin Dawkins
Marlin Watkins
Albert Paul
Dan Wittenberg

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 11:30:24 PM »
Lamar Williams
Marlin Watkins
Darrin Dawkins
Albert Paul
Matt Fulkerson
And the top three would get extra pressure( begging ) to get me one before season statred ! The other two may not have a long enough wait list to have to beg to much .... But they are ALL great callmakers IMHO.
But depending on time constraints and season opens in weeks . Jeff McKamey and David Halloran.
With this being said I'm a long box man , kill alot more turkeys with a long box but thats what I pull out first , but these all 7 of these guys are capable of building either , so short or long send em on !

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 11:25:35 AM »
Lamar Williams
Marlin Watkins
Darrin Dawkins
Albert Paul
Matt Fulkerson
And the top three would get extra pressure( begging ) to get me one before season statred ! The other two may not have a long enough wait list to have to beg to much .... But they are ALL great callmakers IMHO.
But depending on time constraints and season opens in weeks . Jeff McKamey and David Halloran.
With this being said I'm a long box man , kill alot more turkeys with a long box but thats what I pull out first , but these all 7 of these guys are capable of building either , so short or long send em on !

Your not going to get a call from Mckamey in a few weeks. More like a year but well worth the wait.

Offline wolfman

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »
Yea, I've been waiting on Jeff for 11 months now.  But I'm still excited about what will finally come.

Offline nitro

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 06:42:29 PM »
Steve Mann
Albert Paul
Lamar Williams
Darrin Dawkins
Paul B Durham
Royal Slam 2008

Offline Chris O

• 2019 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 06:19:26 AM »
That is a very tough question. Lots of great call makers already mentioned and I will add a couple more just to make it even more of a tougher decision LOL!!! Billy Bush,Ralph Snodgrass,Roger Parks ,Shag Hill,Jeff White, Tim Bullock. I know I missed many others also but these guys build some really great calls as well as all the others that were mentioned. I would also break my calls into groups and get a long box, hen box, short box, and a Turpin style and mini paddle to give you the widest range of sound if you could only have 5 forever. Have fun choosing