OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hen Box Recommendation  (Read 7355 times)

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Hen Box Recommendation
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2019, 07:17:06 PM »
Let's not forget John Eddleman and his Turpin's and Striblings  boxes .. he's a pioneer also in building these style boxes.

Offline strutnrut

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »
Let's not forget John Eddleman and his Turpin's and Striblings  boxes .. he's a pioneer also in building these style boxes.
True. I have about 12 different builders. Between Mark and Doug I hope we contacted everyone but  I have talk to a couple of others who have shown interest. ED Jenkins builds a great call also. 

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2019, 08:12:41 PM »
True. I have about 12 different builders. Between Mark and Doug I hope we contacted everyone but  I have talk to a couple of others who have shown interest. ED Jenkins builds a great call also.
  Yes , ED Jenkins .. also....

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 09:46:45 PM »
Well, Richard, as you know, I have quite a few of your calls. I like to buy stuff that's unusual, out of the ordinary. That's what initially attracted me to your style calls. I've played some others that were very similar to yours. Most of them great calls. I'm grateful that you came up with that design and inspired so many other makers to get into the Turpin style. I know you've helped a lot of them and I know you were generous with your hard earned knowledge. I know many of them are gracious and acknowledge you as at least a knowledge source, if not a mentor.
You mentioned Mike as someone you nudged in the right direction and I know he's grateful. He's told me so. He's making some exceptional Turpins now...
So, I feel a loyalty to you for developing that call and helping others in such an unselfish way. I think we all owe you a debt of gratitude...

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »
Well, Richard, as you know, I have quite a few of your calls. I like to buy stuff that's unusual, out of the ordinary. That's what initially attracted me to your style calls. I've played some others that were very similar to yours. Most of them great calls. I'm grateful that you came up with that design and inspired so many other makers to get into the Turpin style. I know you've helped a lot of them and I know you were generous with your hard earned knowledge. I know many of them are gracious and acknowledge you as at least a knowledge source, if not a mentor.
You mentioned Mike as someone you nudged in the right direction and I know he's grateful. He's told me so. He's making some exceptional Turpins now...
So, I feel a loyalty to you for developing that call and helping others in such an unselfish way. I think we all owe you a debt of gratitude...

Well said. I bought calls from Richard when he started making them ten years ago until this day. I know him well and I talk to him often. What he posted was with no ill will. Also He is being truthful with everything he has posted. Richard did not post anything on this thread until his name was brought up in a post here. There are other guys that are building very good hen boxes now for sure. He has also sent people measurements of his calls to help builders new to building hen boxes. I hate that this thread went the way it did but there is most likely more going on than we all know. I have nothing bad to say at all about Matt either. I have talked to him a few times and I got a call from him. He has always been friendly and accomadating to me as well. I think its awesome that Richard has managed to get the turpine style call category to be recognized now. Its also great that guys like Richard are out there helping younger makers carry on the turpin style box call legacy. I am very grateful for guys like Richard , Matt and Doug Morgan to name a few.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE