turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NASCAR bans gun ads

Started by Sir-diealot, August 26, 2019, 05:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I did not like it before, now I straight out disrespect it.

NASCAR bans gun ads, claims 'gradual shift' in its views

"Due a gradual shift in NASCAR's position on guns," the sport will no longer accept ads that depict popular firearms.

K-Var and other gun retailers were approached earlier this year by National Events Publications, the media sales agent for NASCAR, and asked to buy advertising with the sport, K-Var reports.

K-Var and others submitted their ads. Four months later, National Events Publications sent the following message to K-Var:

We just heard from NASCAR on a number of gun related ads and unfortunately, due a gradual shift in NASCAR's position on guns, these ads must be edited/changed—especially those that are depicted as assault-style rifles/sniper rifles. NASCAR is still open to some of the less controversial gun accessories, concealed carry, or classes.

"NASCAR has allowed ads from firearms manufacturers for several years," K-Var reports. "AK-47s, AR-15s, and scoped rifles have all been featured in the past, so I guess, by that statement, it can only mean that NASCAR is marching toward a complete anti-gun stance—it is just slow rolling it for some reason."

Read the rest here: https://selfreliancecentral.com/2019/08/24/nascar-bans-guns-ads-claims-gradual-shift-in-its-views/?utm_source=190826SRCAMLOSTWAYS4&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=190826SRCAMLOSTWAYS4
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rzrbac

No worries, NASCAR died on 18 Feb 01.

Yoteduster

Seems like more and more venues and companys are turning liberal so if they ban gun,tobacco or alcohol ads I quit supporting them it's not that I support all these things it's  just that we are suppose to be a free country and should be free to chose

Gobbler428

Jester87

Quote from: Rzrbac on August 26, 2019, 05:37:12 PM

and I haven't watched since that day...and looks like even less reason to now.

Spitten and drummen

Nascar sucks anyway. You could offer to pay me to watch it and I would refuse.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Happy

Not much difference between it and mainstream hunting shows. Least the last time I checked. Can't say as I watch either.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on August 26, 2019, 07:40:49 PM
Nascar sucks anyway. You could offer to pay me to watch it and I would refuse.
X2

guesswho

They banned racing 10-15 years ago.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

nyhunter

the direction nascar took a few years back with their new rules  turned me off to them and there liberalism ways,  just a bunch of cry baby liberals

Sir-diealot

I prefer Ralley Racing anyway.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

I do not support any organization that chooses $$$ over all. It is too bad because people equate Nascar with the outdoors/ rednecks. They were a decent sponsor for the outdoors. Another one bites the dust. We are losing the fight guys, every time we give or lose a little, we never get it back. Never give up and fight the good fight  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

trkehunr93

Quote from: Rzrbac on August 26, 2019, 05:37:12 PM

This is very true, never been the same since.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Kylongspur88