OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Trot August 2019  (Read 3909 times)

Offline firedup

Re: Turkey Trot August 2019
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
What a haul! And to walk away with that sweet little shooter....Good times Bubba!! 

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »
Thanks guy's. I think this will be a yearly trip for me. I'm really looking forward to hunting there next month. Bubba

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 06:08:38 AM »
I have never been to anything like that. It looks like an awesome day. Congrats on all the great calls you got. How do you decide out of all those great call makers which ones will get your money? Very tough decisions to make . Congrats on all your stuff and for winning the gun and thank you for sharing with us

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 02:32:55 PM »
 Thou shalt not covet...… But those calls

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 12:36:01 PM »
I have never been to anything like that. It looks like an awesome day. Congrats on all the great calls you got. How do you decide out of all those great call makers which ones will get your money? Very tough decisions to make . Congrats on all your stuff and for winning the gun and thank you for sharing with us

Truthfully I just look around at everything and get what catches my eye. There was one or two that I was really wanting to get but I basically blew my budget at Scott Bashores table. Then I just looked from there. I really want a long box from Marlin but didn't find anything I liked. Bubba

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »
Yeah I could definitely seeing myself spending some money at Scott’s table and many others as well. Can’t wait to see your Unicoi pictures next!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »
If you don't mind my  :z-twocents: for me I decided ahead of time the main people I wanted to get from, those being Marlin Watkins who I really wanted a long box or fiddle paddle from, Matt Faulkerson who I had hoped to have gotten from him earlier in the year but when my name came up on his list I was not able to get from so not only did I want to get from him but I wanted to set things right with him which I was able to do and the third I had wanted to get from I was unable to unfortunately, and that was Preacherman Jody Harrison had made some calls especially for the event and I had wanted to get one of those but money was not where it was supposed to be but I was happy to get to meet the man, he was a pleasure to talk with. So bassically I am saying it is nice to be able to go in with a game plan and then if you have any money left over then get from others. I was able to get a Black Limba scratch box with walnut striker from Lee Bowles and a Nice pot call from Jimmy Schaffer with left over funds.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 09:16:26 AM »
Yeah I could definitely seeing myself spending some money at Scott’s table and many others as well. Can’t wait to see your Unicoi pictures next!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I e never been to Unicoi and don’t really plan on going anytime soon. It’s not held at a good time in my schedule. If I could work it out I’d like to go. At this point I’ve slowed way down on my call collecting and only really get what I like. The scratch box with storage box Scott made for the event I had Scott personalize the box cover. The Wing bone he made from my hen he called up for me last year. I’m hoping to get a few tips next month from him on using it and from Marlin on the long box. Bubba