OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NASCAR bans gun ads  (Read 4146 times)

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
Re: NASCAR bans gun ads
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 11:15:56 AM »
Money is the basis of they're position so don't go and reduce ticket sales.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 09:57:50 AM »
Interesting position since more people are killed in automobile accidents than gun related accidents, so it seems rather ironic they are against guns, yet promote speed and we have all heard the saying "speed kills"

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »
Interesting position since more people are killed in automobile accidents than gun related accidents, so it seems rather ironic they are against guns, yet promote speed and we have all heard the saying "speed kills"
Good point. I live about 45 minutes from Watkins Glen Racetrack on the main drag into Watkins so it will be interesting to see if there is more or less traffic during NASCAR week here.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »
No worries, NASCAR died on 18 Feb 01.

This^^ :jesus-cross: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
I can't recall his name, think he drove #3 and had a black car if I remember right? A friend was at that race just past that turn.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »

Their playing the political correct game. Personally I enjoyed NASCAR when it was ruff and tumble with the good old boy.It`s lost it`s zeal for me.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »

Their playing the political correct game. Personally I enjoyed NASCAR when it was ruff and tumble with the good old boy.It`s lost it`s zeal for me.
I liked it when I was a kid in the 70's, well I liked the crashes anyway.

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 10:51:33 PM »
In the old days of moonshine running , the Winston Cup series was the best racing ....

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 09:54:30 PM »
I used to watch NASCAR faithfully back in the day. Then they became even more of a dictatorship regarding their drivers' statements and actions; portraying themselves as snowflakes and nice guys. Plus, there's no champion anymore since their format is last man standing. I watch no longer.