OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Turkey Trot calls

Started by MDTOM84, August 24, 2019, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

I didn't get much this year but I got some really good ones. I got a one Sider from Marlin in serviceberry over cherry and a really nice trough call from Nathan Taylor. I talked to Marlin a few weeks before Turkey Trot and ask him if I could surprise my 2 older boys with letting them pick/buy a box from him and he said "of course". I think my 5 year old almost cried when I told him that him and his brother could pick a box! They shook Marlin's hand and paid him for their box!! It is a Ipe over sycamore. Both boys have told me that it's the best sounding of all my boxes!!! We had a great time and will definitely be going back next year!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

billyb

Very nice calls TJ. It was also nice to get a chance to meet you.

Greg Massey

Awesome .. glad you had a good time ...

OHturkey85

Nice calls TJ I also got a ipe/ sycamore it's a good combo and it was nice meeting you!

MDTOM84

Quote from: billyb on August 24, 2019, 08:35:53 PM
Very nice calls TJ. It was also nice to get a chance to meet you.
it was great to meet you

MDTOM84

Quote from: OHturkey85 on August 24, 2019, 08:47:59 PM
Nice calls TJ I also got a ipe/ sycamore it's a good combo and it was nice meeting you!
it's a great combo and it was great to meet you to

kwild835

Awesome calls!  I love that Ipe/Sycamore.

Sir-diealot

Very nice pickups. There were not a ton of kids there and fewer yet will calls. I saw two kids playing calls, one was wearing a red shirt and another was in either a white or pale blue shirt, either of them yours? Those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives, very luck youngsters.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O

Nice looking calls and sounds like a great time spent with your boys

MDTOM84

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 24, 2019, 10:41:53 PM
Very nice pickups. There were not a ton of kids there and fewer yet will calls. I saw two kids playing calls, one was wearing a red shirt and another was in either a white or pale blue shirt, either of them yours? Those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives, very luck youngsters.
my kids were wearing tie dye tee shirts and I was wearing a lite Blue shirt

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MDTOM84 on August 25, 2019, 10:23:25 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 24, 2019, 10:41:53 PM
my kids were wearing tie dye tee shirts and I was wearing a lite Blue shirt
Okay, it must be the one in the light blue I saw and remember, now that you said tie dye I think I may remember that as well, yellow and red in it I seem to remember. I also mentioned that Nathan Taylor in my thread, I got one of his large business cards and had him write trough call on the back of it so I would remember what I wanted to get from him. He seemed like a very polite young man, I will get one from him in the future, I told him in the beginning I was not going to be able to buy one from him because I had spend what I had to spend but he was still nice enough to show them to me and the different ways to play them. That earned him a future costumer.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

sbbow

Very nice pick ups TJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Nice - congrats and sounds like a great day. The one-sider is really cool!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Pooh4459

vt35mag

You got some good ones TJ, and your boys have good taste.  I'm glad I put that Ipe/Sycamore down, so they were able to pick it up.