OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rhino Gen 1 or Gen 2 and why?

Started by M1KL83, August 21, 2019, 10:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1KL83

Rhino's service rep is recommending the Gen 2 as it patterns 8% better than the Gen 1, in their findings.

As I understand it the Gen 1 has 18 ports and Gen 2 with 6 or 9 ports; however they will custom make without ports if desired, for a nominal cost. And the Gen1 I think is Titanium whereas the Gen 2 is stainless steel, but I could be mistaken on those two particulars.

While reading over the forums here it seems to me that many are preferring the Gen 1.

What are you finding to work best?

M1KL83

My mistake about the Titanium Gen1.
Rhino uses Titanium only in their Competition chokes. Their Turkey chokes both G1 and G2 are Stainless Steel.

Ozarks Hillbilly

I am a huge fan of the G1 and have several of them. I do own a G2 but it's not close to being the choke that a G1 is IMO.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Kytomgetter

I have the Gen1 in my Sp10 and it shoots awesome. I couldn't imagine the G2 being any better but I haven't shot it either.

KentuckyLB

cuppednlocked

I have a Gen 1 in my 870.  It throws a great pattern.  I've never felt the need to try a Gen 2.

Jfowler82

I've shot a rhino tube in my 870 for almost 20 years . So I'm guessing it's a gen 1 . I have patterned a lot of turkey tubes in the 870 super mag and the rhino stands out from the rest . That combo has been the demise of a few long beards .