OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

THP jake fiasco

Started by fallhnt, August 16, 2019, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

I'm just amazed that anyone would find fault with them for turning in a bottom-feeding, scumbag slob hunter.

THP = :icon_thumright:

greencop01

First it wean't a fiasco. The THP people discovered a game thief and turned in the info to the authorities. Poachers are thieves and steal from other hunters, steal birds and opportunities from others. I for one won't hunt with poachers and won't tolerate it. If a mistake was made call the authorities and tell the truth, you might be surprised by their response. I'm a retired warden and I've had to try and play Solomon at times. The officer is not always going to go by the book. And by the way when you try to cover up your crime you show intent and forethought to commit the violation, it's going out with the intent to violate. When you turn someone in, it is not being a snitch, it is protecting the resource. We have to change our attitudes about poaching.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Happy

Quote from: greencop01 on August 23, 2019, 08:59:49 AM
First it wean't a fiasco. The THP people discovered a game thief and turned in the info to the authorities. Poachers are thieves and steal from other hunters, steal birds and opportunities from others. I for one won't hunt with poachers and won't tolerate it. If a mistake was made call the authorities and tell the truth, you might be surprised by their response. I'm a retired warden and I've had to try and play Solomon at times. The officer is not always going to go by the book. And by the way when you try to cover up your crime you show intent and forethought to commit the violation, it's going out with the intent to violate. When you turn someone in, it is not being a snitch, it is protecting the resource. We have to change our attitudes about poaching.
I can agree with that.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Old Timer

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

fallhnt

I got two different stories rolled into one. The 1st was a legally taken bearded hen. 2nd was a illegal jake. All straight on it a few days,and posts, before your post.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

owlhoot

Quote from: fallhnt on August 23, 2019, 08:21:55 PM
I got two different stories rolled into one. The 1st was a legally taken bearded hen. 2nd was a illegal jake. All straight on it a few days,and posts, before your post.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Oh you all mean when the guy shot at 3 or more toms and behind them was flopping bird and a bunch more back there that flew off? He got a bearded hen. A legal bird but looked down on , causes a bunch of discussion.  They walked up on the other guy who wasn't with them and found a jake which was not legal in that state. Wasn't the breast cut out and the rest left?  A big jakes head looks a lot like a Toms.
Have too identify that beard.

Dtrkyman

It was separate instances.

Arkansas they heard a shot, talked to a local guy who acted weird and then they found a breasted out jake left in the woods, they reported the incident and the warden found the poacher.  Not a member of their crew!

In Wisconsin a guest hunting with them shot a bearded hen legally, people seem more upset over the legal bird taken than the poached bird.

I enjoy watching those guys, which is hard to say about hunting videos/shows anymore.