turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

THP jake fiasco

Started by fallhnt, August 16, 2019, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

So the jake that was shot on the THP show. Was this a legally taken bird? On AT there is a thread about THP deer show. The jake was brought up and one member clams is was illegal. Taken in a state that you can't shoot jakes. The bird was allegedly breasted out and the rest pitched. Anyone hear of this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Fieldturkey

There was an episode where they tattled on a guy that did that but I don't recall seeing them shoot a jake this year.

Greg Massey

Few episodes later they gave up date , and they received award for reporting the kill... if i remember correctly ..

BigSlam51

I believe it was shot in Arkansas if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 16, 2019, 07:58:02 PM
Few episodes later they gave up date , and they received award for reporting the kill... if i remember correctly ..
That what I read on AT.

fallhnt

Quote from: BigSlam51 on August 16, 2019, 08:57:46 PM

You can't shoot jakes in AR ?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: fallhnt on August 16, 2019, 11:46:29 PM
Quote from: BigSlam51 on August 16, 2019, 08:57:46 PM

You can't shoot jakes in AR ?

That is correct.

It was another hunter that harvested a bird near them and they went to congratulate them and the person acted weird and left. Upon investigation it was a breasted out jake, and they reported it. The local DNR tracked it down with ease and the guy admitted to it. Jakes are indeed illegal to take in AR.

zelmo1

fallhnt

Quote from: zelmo1 on August 17, 2019, 07:30:18 AM
2 separate episodes.
So the thread OG had about this was a legal bird ,a jake, shot by a hunter with them. And another hunt was THP congratulating a fellow "hunter" that they discovered to be illegal.

Sir-diealot

Good for them turning him in.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wvmntnhick

Ok, I'm confused. Did a THP member shoot a jake in a state that didn't allow it? Or, did another fella take one and they turned him in? This is the first I've heard/read anything about it and I'm just trying to piece together the puzzle. If they did the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: wvmntnhick on August 17, 2019, 11:53:24 AM
Ok, I'm confused. Did a THP member shoot a jake in a state that didn't allow it? Or, did another fella take one and they turned him in? This is the first I've heard/read anything about it and I'm just trying to piece together the puzzle. If they did the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was another hunter in that state ...  It wasn't the THP people , the THP people are the ones who reported it ... what they saw and witness ...

chadly

THP were hunting and heard a shot and went to congratulate a person not with them or associated with them.  Upon walking up to the guy the guy took off pretty quick.  THP found a breasted out jake that the guy had shot.  It was in a state where it is illegal to shoot jakes.  THP turned the guy in and he was fined.  THP did not shoot a jake.  THP did not break any rules. 

roberthyman14

THP has a guy named Jake, just to make it more confusing. Lol
There is controversy in 2 episodes.
1,  the turned in a guy in Arkansas for illegally taking a Jake. 

2, the other controversy episode is where the THP squad shot a bearded hen legally.

Lot of folks were pissed that they reported the guy for illegally killing the jake in Arkansas. Calling the snitches and all.  Arkansas has very poor bird numbers and the state is trying to up those by letting the young birds go. 

fallhnt

Quote from: roberthyman14 on August 17, 2019, 01:53:23 PM
THP has a guy named Jake, just to make it more confusing. Lol
There is controversy in 2 episodes.
1,  the turned in a guy in Arkansas for illegally taking a Jake. 

2, the other controversy episode is where the THP squad shot a bearded hen legally.

Lot of folks were pissed that they reported the guy for illegally killing the jake in Arkansas. Calling the snitches and all.  Arkansas has very poor bird numbers and the state is trying to up those by letting the young birds go. 

I for one am glad they turned him in. This is how people can get shot. The hunter didn't identify the target or if he did,it falls into the kill at all costs.