Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Which one is it I need and what strength to mix it too
One is for around farm don't need that one
Want the one I need for my clothes and no smell
For hunting
Thanks guys

Old Timer

Buy the sawyers,comes in yellow bottle. Its pre mixed and i been using it for years. Have not been bitten  while using this product. Just my 2 cents.

Prohunter3509

That's what I have been using
I think I will mix my own this year
Starting in deer season

Sir-diealot

I got this and it seems to work very well and you get much more for your money. I am just not sure I am mixing it right, the thing on the left is supposed to measure some out for you I thought but I can only get it to fill the right side. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tal

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 15, 2019, 09:37:25 PM
I got this and it seems to work very well and you get much more for your money. I am just not sure I am mixing it right, the thing on the left is supposed to measure some out for you I thought but I can only get it to fill the right side. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've bought my own for years. With ticks as thick as they are and all the disease they carry I do not short change clothes treatment. This bottle has a measure side for 1/2 oz, 1 oz. Most you  buy at farm supply are a petroleum base. There is a water base best for clothes, your choice. My hunting duds don't mind it. If you are wearing some light colored casuals you'll want the water base. But smell? Not for deer hunting or ca-yotes.

tal

The mix instructions should be a part of the label. They will have charts to include tractor sprayers, 50 to 100 gallon mixes. You can see how much per gallon, mix for a quart sprayer. I usually mix mine twice the strength. Most commercial mixes only use .5% of permethrin. It's strong stuff.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on August 15, 2019, 10:02:17 PM
The mix instructions should be a part of the label. They will have charts to include tractor sprayers, 50 to 100 gallon mixes. You can see how much per gallon, mix for a quart sprayer. I usually mix mine twice the strength. Most commercial mixes only use .5% of permethrin. It's strong stuff.
The stuff I linked is the water based and I bought if for the reason you mentioned. The thing does not stay filled for some reason unless I keep pressure on it.

Quote from: tal on August 15, 2019, 10:02:17 PM
I can't read the print on it, way to small, even with a magnifying glass. My eyes are not the greatest.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Prohunter3509

:thanks:I think that is what I am looking for appreciate it
Down here in ms we suffer with ticks till late dec. sometimes

tal

I puncture the foil seal on the main cap and make sure the other is peeled off course. A one ounce poor or less in a 34 ounce spray bottle, give or take is plenty. I've heard of a very few that said they had a rash or skin reaction. I have never had a problem even when rained on with treated clothes. The larger concentrate bottles come in different concentrates so each will have their own instructions. 10%  and around 13% is what I've seen commonly. I may learn differently but I don't worry about exact mix. I would go through bottles of Sawyer and mixing my own is cheaper and most effective.

tal

I just checked my current bottle and it says it's a 13.3% permethrin concentrate. It recommends 1 1/3 ounces in a quart spray bottle for a .5% permethrin spray. That is what most commercial brands are mixed at. Hope this helps.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on August 15, 2019, 11:37:53 PM
I puncture the foil seal on the main cap and make sure the other is peeled off course. A one ounce poor or less in a 34 ounce spray bottle, give or take is plenty. I've heard of a very few that said they had a rash or skin reaction. I have never had a problem even when rained on with treated clothes. The larger concentrate bottles come in different concentrates so each will have their own instructions. 10%  and around 13% is what I've seen commonly. I may learn differently but I don't worry about exact mix. I would go through bottles of Sawyer and mixing my own is cheaper and most effective.
I just replied to your message and like I said I misspoke above, I said a gallon and do not know why I said that, it was a quart spray bottle from the dollar store. I put I think 6 of the side thing in the best I could get it to fill and I had no problems with rashes and I have very sensitive skin, have used nothing but Tide laundry detergent and ivory soap for my whole life as to many other things make me itch so bad. I can use some hunters soaps and detergents but those are very expensive so I only use them for deer season.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

I have the already mixed and i have the water base , that you premix in spray bottle , i like having both , i keep one of the aerosol ones in my truck most all the time ... so i think it's a good idea to have both in my opinion ..it's a small price to pay regardless to keep those biting bloodsuckers off your body... :turkey2:

captpete

I use the stuff that Sir-diealot posted. The instructions says to mix 1 oz concentrate to 19 oz water. I mix mine touch heavier at 18 oz of water. As far as the smell goes, once it is dry, I can't smell it....deer & yotes might be able to. I only use it in the spring.

Also a word of caution...when wet it is poisonous cats.

chadly

Not for deer hunting as mentioned it smells and it does not wash clean of the smell.  We use it through turkey and mushroom season and it flat works.  1oz to 16oz water for me.

WW

I've never used it. It's supposed to last so many washes right? Is it safe to wash with kids clothes?