OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TC Encore Flex Tech vs non Flex Tech  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Dazzler

TC Encore Flex Tech vs non Flex Tech
« on: August 13, 2019, 03:38:08 PM »
Trying to decide which stock to go with on a 20 gauge turkey barrel.  Price difference is about $50 between the two stocks.  Should I save my $50 and just get the non "Pro" stock?

Hopefully someone has some experience with the 2.  Reading the internet it sounds like TC's flex technology is just marketing hype.

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: TC Encore Flex Tech vs non Flex Tech
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »
It's not hype ,20 gauge you may not see
A big difference but if you ever step up
To a 12 gauge or a large caliber rifle you will see
Tje difference .

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:36:09 PM »
TC pro hunter has been one of my favorites for many years. Shot it mainly as a muzzle loader until last year and put a 20g turkey barrel on it. The three inch mag shells deliver a nice kick when shooting at a target. Hunting never notice it. Shot another 20g and it really rattled my teeth. Normal 2/3 inch shells and it is super sweet. Does the flex tech work? I think it does work but maybe not as much as all the marketing hype. Seems to me the recoil pad does most of the work: still if it was me I would buy the flex stock.

I am using this  combo for coyote hunting as well. Currently with 7.5 Tss. Just recently bought some #4 and #9 TSS and will be loading my own. The Tss having more density may contribute to recoil. I also think if your shooting an expensive rife/shotgun like the pro hunter you have a nice investment. I would never skimp on accessories.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 07:07:39 PM »
Id go with the prohunter stock for sure. All around better handling stock than the original encore stock. And the flextec stock definately helps tame recoil, my main deer gun is a prohunter with .270 & the 209x50 ML barrels.