OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: ***DELETE***  (Read 1917 times)

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
***DELETE***
« on: August 12, 2019, 06:22:16 PM »
I’m looking for a Buice 6” with 4# mouth piece. Dark/medium woods.

Red Diamondwood, Mac. Ebony, Kingwood, Tulipwood,Bloodwood, Ipe, Osage top/Mysterywood and Osage top/ Snakewood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:06:31 AM by sbbow »

Offline bulian82

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: WTT FOWLER STRIKERS
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:37:26 PM »
Very nice lot.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
Nice strikers, hoping I can find one of his at the NE Call Makers Summit. Have copied off the prices of all his one piece strikers from his site to take along with me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 11:23:18 PM »
Nice strikers, hoping I can find one of his at the NE Call Makers Summit. Have copied off the prices of all his one piece strikers from his site to take along with me.
  You do know Mr Fowler has pass away .... back few months ago...

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 12:41:27 AM »
You know I do, we have discussed it here in other threads. Well maybe you have forgotten, sorry if that came of chastising.

I am willing to go a little over his prices sure, but I am not going to pay major for a striker that to ME is unproven. Now let me explain what I mean by that, you have referred to Stuckey Strikers in the past as "eBay strikers" like that is a bad thing, smart man sells wherever he can, that is just good business. He also has his own website and sells at shows. Now to me they are the best strikers out there because they are the best that have worked for me with my hand problems. I have strikers from other known makers that hurt my hand to hold them, they may sound good but I can't make they sound AS good as Stuckey's because of my hand problems, that is not me knocking the striker makers at all, they make a fine product, just not for my hands. So I am bringing the price list as a guide to give me a starting point, I would very much like to try one of Mr. Fowler's strikers but may not use it after getting it because of the reason stated above. At the NE Call Makers Summit I may have the advantage of trying the striker first and will have a call along with me to do just that if I am allowed.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 03:10:13 AM »
Your not going to find any Fowler strikers for sale at one of the booths at turkey trot. Mr. Fowler has passed and no one else is going to have a booth selling his strikers. If by some off chance there was someone selling off their collection there going to be for alot more then what he sold them for.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 07:04:21 AM »
If you decide to sell individually, myself and a friend would have interest.  Thanks.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 07:59:32 AM »
Fellas thanks for all the interest but they are NOT forsale only looking to trade for a Buice.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 08:00:45 AM »
Fellas thanks for all the interest but they are NOT forsale only looking to trade for a Buice.

Good luck
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 12:42:06 PM »
You know I do, we have discussed it here in other threads. Well maybe you have forgotten, sorry if that came of chastising.

I am willing to go a little over his prices sure, but I am not going to pay major for a striker that to ME is unproven. Now let me explain what I mean by that, you have referred to Stuckey Strikers in the past as "eBay strikers" like that is a bad thing, smart man sells wherever he can, that is just good business. He also has his own website and sells at shows. Now to me they are the best strikers out there because they are the best that have worked for me with my hand problems. I have strikers from other known makers that hurt my hand to hold them, they may sound good but I can't make they sound AS good as Stuckey's because of my hand problems, that is not me knocking the striker makers at all, they make a fine product, just not for my hands. So I am bringing the price list as a guide to give me a starting point, I would very much like to try one of Mr. Fowler's strikers but may not use it after getting it because of the reason stated above. At the NE Call Makers Summit I may have the advantage of trying the striker first and will have a call along with me to do just that if I am allowed.
  Good lucky with your striker purchase , i hope you find one in your price range ... but i don't think you can compare prices of Fowler strikers with other strikers ...  Fowler strikers are some of the best every made in my opinion.

Online ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 01:37:15 PM »
Mr Harold knew more about strikers than anyone alive today because that all he made for about 30 years so I'm sure he tried everything in that amount of time,and his were made to use not look at.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »
Your not going to find any Fowler strikers for sale at one of the booths at turkey trot. Mr. Fowler has passed and no one else is going to have a booth selling his strikers. If by some off chance there was someone selling off their collection there going to be for alot more then what he sold them for.
Not sure how this is ran, might be some people may have the odd one for sale on their table, that is my thought, I do not and did not expect to find anyone with a table full of them. I do thank you for letting me know though.

Good lucky with your striker purchase , i hope you find one in your price range ... but i don't think you can compare prices of Fowler strikers with other strikers ...  Fowler strikers are some of the best every made in my opinion.
You misunderstand me bud, I am not bringing somebody else's price list, I am bringing one from Mr. Fowlers Website. And I am not saying they are not the best ever made, I have never used one and have no right to compare them, what I am saying is if I can not use them like some others I have then they are not the best ever made FOR ME.

Mr Harold knew more about strikers than anyone alive today because that all he made for about 30 years so I'm sure he tried everything in that amount of time,and his were made to use not look at.
I am sure they are fine strikers, I am not knocking them in any way shape or form, but if they make my hands hurt they are not good to me. Still fine quality just something I can't use. Like a right boot for somebody with only a left foot.

@Sbbow Sorry guy I did not mean to have this happen in your thread, thought it was a simple comment. I wish you the best in getting one of Billy's trumpets, I would love to get one of his myself.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:10:31 PM by Sir-diealot »

John Koenig:

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
Not a problem at all an good luck with your search.

Online MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 08:45:50 PM »
Not sure how this is ran, might be some people may have the odd one for sale on their table, that is my thought, I do not and did not expect to find anyone with a table full of them. I do thank you for letting me know though.

You misunderstand me bud, I am not bringing somebody else's price list, I am bringing one from Mr. Fowlers Website. And I am not saying they are not the best ever made, I have never used one and have no right to compare them, what I am saying is if I can not use them like some others I have then they are not the best ever made FOR ME.

I am sure they are fine strikers, I am not knocking them in any way shape or form, but if they make my hands hurt they are not good to me. Still fine quality just something I can't use. Like a right boot for somebody with only a left foot.

@Sbbow Sorry guy I did not mean to have this happen in your thread, thought it was a simple comment. I wish you the best in getting one of Billy's trumpets, I would love to get one of his myself.
no, there will not be any random strikers on tables. Call makers come there to sell their product, not someone else's.