OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Greenleaf rems

Started by pinebark, August 18, 2019, 03:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinebark

Now that the greenleaf pattern is back on the market for hydro dipping, is there still a market for original rems like these? I am looking for certain calls and thought about selling one to help with funds. What's the going rate on a greenleaf these days?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

I don't think the new dipping has hurt resale value. I haven't seen a New dipped one that looks anything like the originals. Anyone that wants an original probably wouldn't settle for a fake one and anyone that would be satisfied with the new dipping probably wouldn't pay the high prices anyway. You'd be better off waiting until Feb-March to try and sell one. Most people don't remember what a turkey looks like in the summer.
That tree bark one you have is an even more rare shotgun if it was an 870 I'd be making an offer.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

mrlongbeard

The new release hasn't hurt the Original Old School Remingtons at all. Have seen them go for well north of $1000 as recent as yesterday on Gunbroker. I own 8 Greenleaf and 6 Trebark and a pile  of Original Bottomland guns. The shape your guns look to be in will fetch good $$$. You may get more in March no doubt but there are plenty of guys looking and willing to pay for them.

davisd9

That tree bark is just nasty.  Nice collection!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

pinebark

Quote from: davisd9 on August 19, 2019, 09:24:52 AM
That tree bark is just nasty.  Nice collection!
Thank! Yeah that tree bark has been the last thing that several gobblers remember seeing. I dont hunt with the other two.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

very rare and excellent looking "Old School" turkey guns, the hydro dipping today doesn't hold a candle to those old school guns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Brian Fahs

owlhoot

lmbunch69

If I learned anything from my dad it would have to be to never sell your guns or tools. Once they are gone they are gone for good.