turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF Convention 2020

Started by HuntressEmily, July 26, 2019, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntressEmily

Hey guys.  I am inquiring about the NWTF convention held in Nashville. 
For those of you that go, do you normally stay at the Opry Gaylord Reaort or do you find it much cheaper to stay at a hotel nearby?
I've done both but it seems as if gets more expensive as the years pass. 
When i did stay at the hotel, I had to fight the traffic of getting in and out, finding parking which could take hours, fighting the crowds of a million people, etc.
I love the beauty of the hotel.  But Man, you got to save a year to stay 2 days. 
How many of you attend the show each year?
I look forward to the Turkey show every year.  There is a little of everything.
If you haven't ever been, it's a must see. 

HookedonHooks

Last year I stayed at a nearby hotel. It was within walking distance, but I drove over to the backside where there is free mall parking. Still had to fight a little traffic but not bad. Definitely much cheaper.

Greg Massey

Hampton Inn Suites has a great free continental breakfast  , it's were we stay ... you can walk from the Motel to places to eat .. We park in the free parking at Gaylord , BUT .. it a good walk from the free parking getting into the Opry Gaylord , i guess they do this for a reason , I can tell you the Gaylord is no very friendly to other that don't stay at the Motel... Now down the road about mile they do have this other free parking spot and they run shuttle buses from that parking area to the Gaylord.  Some other parking areas charge up to 50 dollars day for parking around the Gaylord...

ChiefBubba

Last year I stayed at The Inn at Opry Land. It's right across the street and the shuttle is free to run you back and forth. It's cheaper but I can't remember by how much. I flew in and didn't rent a car and it wasn't a problem getting around. Bubba

HuntressEmily

Thanks for the helpful info.  I had forgot they had shuttles that take you back and forth. 
Going to try that out. 

ChiefBubba

That Inn is part of the Gaylord hotels so the shuttle is free. They have parking there too so you can leave your car there. Bubba

Jester87

IF I go it would be my first time...has anyone stayed at the Guesthouse Nashville Music Valley hotel? Looks like its just down the road from The Inn.  I'm trying to price a low budget road trip to either the convention or Unicoi from AZ and its all coming out quite tabby. I'm probably in for a spin-off of Planes trains and automobiles.... 

aclawrence

I just went for a day last year and the traffic was ridiculous. I hate traffic so much it would just about keep me from going back.  We did get lucky and find a parking spot but I could see where you could end up driving around for a long time or parking far away. Staying at the Gaylord would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridgerunner

I stay at Opry Land resort..$160 a night. I don't feel like that's a bad price.

HuntressEmily

Quote from: Jester87 on July 29, 2019, 08:58:05 PM
IF I go it would be my first time...has anyone stayed at the Guesthouse Nashville Music Valley hotel? Looks like its just down the road from The Inn.  I'm trying to price a low budget road trip to either the convention or Unicoi from AZ and its all coming out quite tabby. I'm probably in for a spin-off of Planes trains and automobiles....

If you haven't been, your in for a real treat.  Personally I would stay at least one time at the hotel itself.  It's absolutely beautiful. The architecture, the gardens, the balcony rooms to the gardens. It's truly breathtaking. Also, another great time to go is during the holidays.  There's something magical to it.  The little ones will have an amazing time.  Down the road is ice skating. There is so much to do in Nashville. Bass Pro is right next door.  Beware though, it's always packed.  The have several events throughout the year.  NWTF is a great show.  So much to see and a great place to sell. 
Hope you have an amazing time.  It's a must see for sure.