turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blind for disabled Jakes Hunters

Started by Sir-diealot, July 22, 2019, 08:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Just wondering if anybody has used this blind before? I am thinking of donating one to my local club for the Jakes or Jr. Hunting season hunts they do every year so maybe some disabled kids (Those in wheelchairs) can get out and hunt. The back of this one flips open like a garage door to allow wheelchair access) Do you maybe know of a better one in about the same price range? Thanks. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-camo-flare-out-5-hub-ground-blind?a=1581739
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 22, 2019, 08:54:48 PM
Just wondering if anybody has used this blind before? I am thinking of donating one to my local club for the Jakes or Jr. Hunting season hunts they do every year so maybe some disabled kids (Those in wheelchairs) can get out and hunt. The back of this one flips open like a garage door to allow wheelchair access) Do you maybe know of a better one in about the same price range? Thanks. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-camo-flare-out-5-hub-ground-blind?a=1581739
Usually you can find them on ebay for good price ....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 22, 2019, 11:02:16 PM
Hoping to find something this style. I have a Pentagon blind that has tons of room in it but the door is just a slit, I find it hard to get into myself so I know there is no way to get a wheelchair in there unless you pick it up and put it over the top of person every time which would get old after a while. Looking for something a wheelchair could access easily.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 22, 2019, 11:05:35 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on July 22, 2019, 11:02:16 PM
Hoping to find something this style. I have a Pentagon blind that has tons of room in it but the door is just a slit, I find it hard to get into myself so I know there is no way to get a wheelchair in there unless you pick it up and put it over the top of person every time which would get old after a while. Looking for something a wheelchair could access easily.
Agree some doors on blinds can be a pain in the butt ....

chadly

My friend when I take him out I just pop up the blind then roll it over us and push in the stakes done.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: chadly on July 23, 2019, 09:07:03 AM
My friend when I take him out I just pop up the blind then roll it over us and push in the stakes done.
I thought about that, figured this would be easier, especially if doing it many days in a row.

John Koenig:

Dtrkyman

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Dtrkyman on July 25, 2019, 07:35:08 PM
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not saying that is all bad but I would like the person to feel a little independent as well, that is why I am interested in this style.

John Koenig:

SoDak_JD

I haven't done a lot of research on blinds but the concept of that one looks excellent for the purpose.

My Herter's XL from Cabela's has the zipper on the corner so it could work but not nearly as well.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SoDak_JD on July 26, 2019, 10:19:35 AM
I haven't done a lot of research on blinds but the concept of that one looks excellent for the purpose.

My Herter's XL from Cabela's has the zipper on the corner so it could work but not nearly as well.
I have a Pentagon blind but it also just has the zipper on the edge. I find it kinda hard to get into myself sometimes.

John Koenig:

SinGin

You would have to make sure the user has plenty of quiet room to open it so it won't rub against a bunch of stuff

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SinGin on July 28, 2019, 05:27:10 PM
You would have to make sure the user has plenty of quiet room to open it so it won't rub against a bunch of stuff
Yes sure would, coming in on a wheelchair I am sure they would have to as well.

John Koenig: