OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Opinions on Vortex Venom, SPARC AR and Strikefire  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
Opinions on Vortex Venom, SPARC AR and Strikefire
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:07:33 PM »
I’ve had a scope on my gun the past couple of seasons. It’s worked okay but I feel like it blocks a lot of my view when a bird is approaching. It also prohibits quick shots which are seldom required but still gives me a sense of limitation.

I’m contemplating a Venom but the other two mentioned appear a little more durable. I’m just curious if anybody else has used any of these and their likes and dislikes.

Offline rusty842

Re: Opinions on Vortex Venom, SPARC AR and Strikefire
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »
I personally like the Trijicon RMR. Venom looked fragile to me. Anything other than a reflex is going to be like a scope IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:39:59 PM »
I've had really good luck with a Eotech XPS3

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »
I have been running a Vortex Venom for two seasons now and have no complaints. I really like the battery compartment being located on the top of the scope so it is very easy to change. I also like having the ability to change the degree of brightness of the red dot depending on the amount of sun light you find yourself hunting in and it has a great deal of adjustment within the scope itself which really comes in handy when zeroing. If you think the scope might be fragile, there is a gentleman here on OG who makes a metal cover that fits both the Vortex Venom as well as the Burris Fastfire. The Venom comes with a removable rubber cover which comes in handy especially when moving through heavy brush and you are concerned about scratching the glass. If mounted correctly and tightened down securely it will hold zero with reasonable care. As an added plus, it does come with a lifetime warranty should you encounter problems. I highly recommend the Vortex Venom.